About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated Client Services Manager, to manage a small (but growing) team of Application Officers. This is a hands on role. The successful candidate must be able to operate at a tactical level by dealing with applicants directly and managing the team – as well as a strategic level by creating and implementing policies and procedures.
The role reports directly to the CEO. This is a key role and the successful candidate will be able to make a significant contribution to the long term development of the organisation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
1. Leading and managing the small team of Applications Officers.
2. Ensuring the delivery of superior client services to applicants in a timely manner.
3. Ensuring that best practices are employed.
4. Creating policies and procedures to achieve these outcomes.
5. Implementing and maintaining these policies and procedures.
6. Reporting directly to the CEO on issues arising.
7. Working with 3rd party stakeholders.
8. Identifying and implementing training and development plans.
9. Helping out the team during peak periods.
10. Hiring new team members.
Skills and experience
1. Tertiary qualification, ideally in Social Work or a related discipline is required.
2. Experience of creating best practices, implementing and maintaining them.
3. Experience of creating policies and procedures for providing financial assistance to individuals and families in crisis would be highly regarded.
4. Experience of leading and managing teams in a hands on environment.
5. Knowledge of Defence is not critical, but would be beneficial.
6. Experience of using and customising CRMs, specifically Microsoft Dynamics would be beneficial.
7. Working in a small, nimble and flexible environment would be helpful.
8. A sense of humour and an ability to keep calm under pressure are desirable.
Job benefits and perks
The organisation is currently applying for PBI accreditation. If this is approved, which is likely but not guaranteed, the successful applicant will be able to salary sacrifice.
About the Organisation
We are a national NFP, based in Melbourne, providing urgent financial assistance to individuals and their families, who have served in the Australian Defence Force, have sustained an injury or illness due to their service and are in financial stress.
The organisation has been around for 6 years and is expanding. We are a professional, national organisation and we operate in a nimble and flexible manner. We are not a government organisation. We are well regarded by government ministers, senior public officials and members of the ADF. The work that we do is meaningful and makes a difference to many individuals and their families who are in financial stress.
Apply for this Job
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply though Pro Bono Australia or email your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Client Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.