About the Role
The role of the Communications and Fundraising Coordinator is critical to the sustainability and growth of this important service. The Coordinator reports to the Business Development Manager, St Francis Social Services and will work in collaboration with this person to fulfil the organisation’s fundraising and communications strategy.
This position has three primary functions:
- Write high quality grant applications & maintain relations with donors and foundations.
- Develop communication & fundraising tools, including social media, website maintenance, newsletters, donor communications and presentations.
- Promote the work of the House of Welcome and assist with major events.
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, marketing, journalism or other related field.
- Demonstrated ability in high quality writing with particular emphasis on successful grant writing.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills across a variety of settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and other digital fundraising technology.
- Strong time management skills and a high-level of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mainstream and related services for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Ability to work with various church and community groups without discrimination.
- Strong support for the culture and mission of SFSS and the ability to work in a team culture of service to others which is consistent with Catholic social teaching.
- Experience within the not for profit sector as an employee or volunteer.
- Demonstrated understanding of policy framework and issues encountered by refugees and asylum seekers in Australia.
- Driver’s licence
About the Organisation
About the House of Welcome
The House of Welcome (HOW), a project of St Francis Social Services, is committed to serve people seeking asylum who are living in the community. Clients come to the HOW through word of mouth, by referral from another organisation and from other clients.
The HOW, currently provides short-medium term accommodation and housing for approximately 100 refugees and asylum seekers in 23 properties. In addition to housing, staff and volunteers offer a variety of support services such as case work, financial assistance, foodbank, referrals, advocacy and community development programs for numerous clients across Sydney.
A number of clients cared for by the HOW have been living in the community for an extended period of time without benefits. The stress of their journey thus far, their uncertain future and enforced poverty have devastating impacts, such as homelessness, poor health, isolation, family breakdown and mental health concerns.
Within this context, the HOW plays a significant role in client-based advocacy working with various agencies, organisations and other client stakeholders.
The House of Welcome aims to:
- provide a place of welcome and friendship for people seeking asylum.
- assist people seeking asylum in their transition to life in Australia and to develop their capacity to engage confidently in various aspects of life in Australia.
- promote the rights of people seeking asylum and accompany them as they seek to have their status recognised.
- enable them to become full and independent members of the Australian community.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 293312691
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications and Fundraising Coordinator – House of Welcome via Pro Bono Australia.