About the Role
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking a National Manager for our Trusts and Foundations portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropy and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role is responsible for establishing, nurturing and managing relationships with some of Australia’s highest profile trusts and foundations. The main focus of the role is ensuring The Smith Family remains, or becomes, a major recipient of their generous donations. As well as managing relationships with key administrators and patrons within the trusts and foundations, the role will also drive the strategy for the area, and have budgets and KPIs to deliver against, positively contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of the National Manager, Trusts and Foundations might look like this, but in reality, every day will be different. You’ll be responsible for;
• Meeting with a new foundation to outline The Smith Family’s philosophy
and presenting opportunities to work together
• Liaising with teams on the ground delivering programs that have received
funding via the Trusts and Foundations, and preparing reports on the
• Reviewing existing relationships with Trusts and Foundations and
developing strategies to further enhance the relationship and
• Developing processes and tools to support strong financial management of
Trusts and Foundations sourced funding, including budgeting, expenses
• Liaising with a new contact within a Trust to advocate and build
awareness of The Smith Family’s work
• Working with the Executive Team and other senior managers to identify
opportunities to highlight The Smith Family’s programs and projects
It takes a special kind of person to be our National Manager, Trusts and Foundations. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline or demonstrated
• Solid fundraising experience within the NFP sector
• Demonstrated innovative approach to fundraising
• Demonstrated track record of meeting financial targets
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and presentation
• Broad knowledge of philanthropic giving and major donors in Australia
Your previous experience working with Trusts and Foundations nationally will have given you a well-established network of excellent contacts, who you’ll be able to introduce to The Smith Family. You’ll also be highly strategic and be able to develop and deliver on the strategy for the Trusts and Foundations channel. Most of all, you are someone who is passionate about helping some of the most disadvantaged in our society.
Our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family is rewarding; they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
You may view the position description here:
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9085 4925
Email : email@example.com
Closing date: 23rd February 2018
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: National Manager, Trusts and Foundations via Pro Bono Australia.