About the Role
If you think creatively, listen objectively, consider yourself a leader and have a genuine interest in community inclusion please read on!
We are seeking an experienced Activities Coordinator who can design and facilitate programs to improve an individual’s social inclusion through goal orientated activities aligned to their NDIS plan. You will create new and review existing programs with a firm focus on program best practice and on meeting the changing needs of participants. This includes developing and implementing diverse programs and evaluating them periodically and systematically to ensure continuous improvement.
This position is required to provide support to a team of Support Workers who deliver quality, flexible and individual services in response to each participants needs.
Applicants must be highly motivated, energetic and committed to providing the highest quality of care and support to people with a disability and be willing to support clients in a variety of activities in a variety of settings.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is committed to supporting people with a disability, who can demonstrate a high level of organisational and time management skills, someone with previous experience supervising staff and who understands and embraces the significant sector reforms that are underway.
* Demonstrated experience in coordinating and creating new programs to meet the personal goals of individuals living with a disability
* Minimum of two years’ experience in a community services setting or similar
* High level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, together with negotiation, liaison and conflict resolution skills
* Excellent organisational skills including time management
* Effective problem solving skills
* Demonstrated experience in leading and working effectively as part of a team, including the ability to guide, direct, motivate and develop staff to provide safe, quality, person centred services.
* A commitment to enabling a positive lifestyle for people with disabilities
* Demonstrated knowledge of person-centred approaches to service provision
A generous salary packaging option can be offer as a part of the total remuneration.
About the Organisation
Participate Australia has been supporting people with disabilities since 1983, previously as Family Resource and Networks Support Incorporated (FRANS). In March 2017 our organisation undertook a transfer to a company limited by guarantee under the new name, Participate Australia.
We believe that ‘participation’ is fundamental to a contemporary discourse about disability. It appears 26 times in one way or another in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which seeks to achieve full participation in society of people living with disability. We are committed to playing our part in supporting people with disabilities to achieve this goal.
Participate Australia makes a difference in the lives of people with disabilities by respecting their dignity, autonomy, freedom of choice and independence, and by supporting the achievement of their goals.
We strive for a community that respects human dignity and freedom and the personal identities of children, women and men; is non-discriminatory and affirms equality while valuing difference, and sustains full and effective participation and inclusion by ensuring equal opportunity and accessibility.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0297975304
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR via Pro Bono Australia.