About the role
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Marketing & Engagement this position is responsible for providing timely and professional communications and public relations support to the business by contributing to the development of the social media strategy and proactively develop and maintain relationships with media contacts and key stakeholders.
You will primarily be responsible for maintaining high-quality editorial content, providing proof reading and editing support to the business unit and updating website content using WordPress. You will also need to identify opportunities for engagement with media, Government, industry and partner organisations and develop media releases, case studies, articles, speeches, submissions, presentations, fact sheets and other written and digital resources.
The Right Person
You have a creative flair, exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate information in an engaging and efficient manner across multiple media platforms. You have experience with copywriting and media, with exposure to corporate Public Relations and ideally are an ex journalist or someone with experience with in house PR. You are highly adaptable and are looking for the opportunity to be mentored from a small but effective and innovative team.
Essential Selection Criteria
• Tertiary qualifications in Communications, journalism, Media, or related fields combined with working background in public relations, communication, or journalism;
• Understanding of how the media works and excellent media contacts;
• Superior written and verbal communication ability, strategic thinking, flexibility, ability to respond to short deadlines and operate effectively in an unstructured work environment;
• Superior knowledge of spelling, grammatical and punctuation including sufficient consideration of the intended audience;
• Demonstrated application of effective and appropriate communication skills at a high level including written skills, cultural sensitivity, listening and interviewing;
• Ability to translate complex ideas into simple messages;
• Provide experience in using social media to enhance the corporate reputation;
• Demonstrated organisational and time management skills;
• Strong systems skills including Hootsuite, WordPress, Mail Chimp, media databases such as Telum, MS Office suite and Adobe Creative Cloud;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and organise own workload, establish priorities;
• Possession of a compliant Criminal Check or willingness to obtain.
Conditions and Benefits
Generous salary, NFP salary sacrifice benefit (tax-free component with the potential to increase your take home pay), flexible workplace and genuine development opportunities.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications and Public Relations Officer via Pro Bono Australia.