About the Role
• Exciting, cross-sector collaborative role with small peak body
• Contribute to innovative volunteering
• Improve the quality of life for people with a life limiting illness and their families
• Lead the development and delivery of Victoria’s palliative care volunteering strategy, in collaboration with the Managers of Palliative Care Volunteer Programs.
• Collaborate with the Managers of relevant health, aged and disability volunteer programs to build the capacity of their volunteers to provide appropriate support to people with a life limiting illness and their families to live, die and grieve well.
Skills and experience
Experience in volunteer management, community development and/or capacity building in a human service context is expected. You will have demonstrated initiative, teamwork, flexibility and the capacity to achieve outcomes.
Please refer to the position description for more information about the responsibilities and selection criteria.
About the Organisation
Our vision is that all Victorians with a life limiting illness and their families are supported to live, die and grieve well.
We work to achieve our vision through leadership, advocacy, information, support and capacity building, in accordance with our values of respect, collaboration, integrity and compassion.
We focus on achieving these strategic outcomes:
• A vibrant, strong and innovative palliative care sector in Victoria;
• Increased community understanding of what to say and do when facing life-limiting illness, death, grief and loss;
• Improved access by Aboriginal people and CALD communities to culturally responsive palliative care; and
• Growing, innovative, effective and sustainable volunteering.
A committed Board of 9 volunteers provides sound governance. A team of 4 to 5 staff works collaboratively with our stakeholders and members. We are also the ‘go to’ organisation for members of the public seeking relevant information, support and services.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Mike Kennedy, Projects Manager, or Odette Waanders, CEO
Phone : 03 9662 9644
Please quote in application: Volunteer Engagement & Capacity Building Manager via Pro Bono Australia.