About the Role
The primary objectives of the Disability Service Manager includes – staff management, mentoring, developing staff skills in the delivery of a person centred approach, as well as ensuring compliance within the NDIS framework. The role ensures that WA delivers services that meet individual goals of the client, enabling increased independence and identity in the community. The role has face-to-face time with clients, families and employees, as well as strategic requirements such as ensuring that quality standards are met. This role is responsible for resolving and responding to organizational/ client needs both strategically and immediately as they occur. The role will build rapport with clients and families through excellent customer service.
- Staff Management of Team leaders including performance management and mentoring
- Responsible for obtaining feedback from clients and staff, particularly their views on current service delivery.
- Responsible for implementation of systems and processes that place the client at the centre of service delivery, exercising maximum choice and control
- Programs implemented balance dignity of risk v’s duty of care requirements for clients and the organisation.
- Ensure that all staff understand clients’ human rights, and support them in ensuring their rights are upheld
- Responsible for ensuring staff members receive ongoing training in disability matters
- Ensure that programming requirements sit financially within budgeted allocations
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles and adherence to the set quality standards
- Tertiary qualifications, in social work, psychology or disability related field.
- Strong experience in the development and delivery of programs for people with an intellectual and developmental disability including from a CALD background.
- Knowledge and understanding of disability sector funding and new innovation funding including NDIS.
- Demonstrated management leadership capacity, including staff supervision and performance management. Knowledge of employment law practices and how this effects day to day supervision.
- Demonstrated superior skills in mediation and negotiation, collaboration and consultation with key stakeholders.
- High-level knowledge and understanding of the policy, procedures and standards pertaining to the provision of disability services.
About the Organisation
Woodville Alliance (WA) is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Western Sydney and working primarily in Fairfield, Bankstown, Auburn and Liverpool. We have operated for over twenty years and provide a broad range of children’s, family, youth, mental health, disability and early intervention services. Further details regarding our services can be found on our website: http://www.woodville.org.au/ Our organisational vision and mission focus is on social justice and working in partnership with our community. Our values include empowerment, empathy, compassion and innovation.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0297225200
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Service Manager via Pro Bono Australia.