About the Role
About the Organisation
• Focus on youth education pathways
• Attractive salary packaging options
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Youth Transitions department focusses on young people aged 15 and over, who are disconnected from education or employment, to make the crucial step into the world of work.
The Navigator Program in Western Melbourne, funded by the Department of Education and Training – is led by Anglicare Victoria, delivered in partnership with the Brotherhood of St Laurence. The program targets learners aged 12-17 who have been absent from school for significant periods of time. The aim is to re-engage and maintain their attendance in the mainstream school environment.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Learning Support and Development Worker will provide the participants in the Navigator program with the learning support required to facilitate their re-entry into mainstream education and/or training. The work will involve working with young people, their families and their school to provide the support needed for the young person to engage in or remain engaged in school.
This role also provides educational expertise to the Navigator team.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Educational qualifications and/or experience in the secondary education sector
• Demonstrated capability to work effectively with students who have disengaged or are at risk of disengaging from formal education and/or who have significant behavioural and/or learning issues
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and understanding of working with vulnerable children, adolescents and their families.
• Demonstrated skills to liaise with schools and co-ordinate appropriate specialist educational support resources to assist the young person’s re-entry into mainstream education.
• Ability to work independently and effectively within a team to achieve outcomes.
• Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
• Administration and computer skills – file keeping, data entry, MS Word and Internet/email
• Current Victorian Drivers Licence
This is a full time, maximum term position of 8 months working 38 hours per week. Salary will be in the range of $63,448.84 to $69,420.52 per annum (pro rata) based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description and screening questionnaire can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ For further information about the role phone Deb Stearman on 0499 002 324.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Learning Support and Development Worker via Pro Bono Australia.