About the Role
ABOUT COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Overarching all SSI programs is the fundamental objective to support and build the capacity of individuals and families to participate, contribute and connect to one another in our Australian society. The Community Engagement team works diligently to create the pathways that allow people to prosper and make communities stronger.
The Community Engagement Practitioner is responsible for planning, implementing and reviewing the SSI Community Kitchen. This role is required to work collaboratively across SSI divisions, lead a team of volunteers and mobilise community groups and leaders to participate in the fortnightly event and ensure community engagement outcomes are achieved.
- Plan and implement the SSI Community Kitchen, coordinating logistics, resources and supplies.
- Periodically review the Community Kitchen, seeking feedback from participants and program representatives.
- Propose or provide input on Community Engagement strategies relevant to SSI Program areas.
- Represent SSI at internal and external Community Engagement events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community leaders, groups and local service providers.
- Volunteer leadership, including the engagement and allocation of tasks to SSI volunteers.
- Feedback potential issues emerging in the community with recommendations.
- Participate in broader Community Engagement and Capacity team projects or activities.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or industry experience.
- Experience working with people and communities of a culturally and linguistically diverse background.
- Familiarity with community and sector stakeholders.
- Experience in project management and engagement strategies.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects.
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close date: Friday 18 May 2018.
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Engagement Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.