About the Role
- Peak organisation providing health programs, services and research for LGBTI communities
- Would suit candidates from a broad range of advocacy based organisations
- Based in Newtown, Sydney with regular interstate travel, two year contract with option to extend
Benefits & Culture
- Make a significant impact on the lives of LGBTI+ communities
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Generous salary package including the ability to salary package
Lead the development of cross sector forums, identifying policy projects, building stakeholder relationships and influencing government. The role is shaped through consultation with members, funders and stakeholders and the needs articulated by LGBTI people and the communities in which they live and work.
Now in its tenth year the Alliance is looking to significantly increase its capacity through increased funding via government grants, community partnerships and philanthropy. You will develop significant relationships required to ensure the ongoing sustainability of the organisation.
Critically you and your highly skilled team will be responsible for the implementation of a brand new organisational strategy designed to have a significant impact on the Alliance’s future, culture and the way it achieves organisational goals.
You are currently a senior executive at either CEO, Director or GM level and have developed your career and reputation as an inspirational leader in community focused sectors including LGBTI+, health, human rights, social justice, environment, community law/housing.
You identify with and have a strong understanding of the needs of LGBTI+ communities. Specifically you will also require:
- Demonstrated experience in strategic leadership and organisational or sector development
- Excellent political astuteness and advocacy skills
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder engagement skills
- A track record in ensuring organisational financial sustainability
About the Organisation
The National LGBTI Health Alliance is the peak body representing a range of organisations and individuals that work to improve the health and wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other sexuality, sex and gender diverse people (LGBTI).
The Alliance’s mission is to provide a national focus to improve health outcomes for LGBTI people through policy, advocacy, representation, research evidence, and capacity building.
The Alliance currently has 170 members across Australia, including 70 organisations representing the vast majority of the LGBTI health and community services sector in addition to key researchers, health practitioners and individual consumers and carers.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.