About the Role
Corrections Victoria are recruiting for our upcoming Clinician intake commencing in late August. These vacancies are based in Melbourne city where full training is provided.
To find out more about these vacancies, we invite you to register for our live video information sessions. You will be able to speak with our clinicians and recruitment staff and ask any specific questions you may have.
- Wednesday 30 May 5.30pm-6.30pm. Click here to register
- Tuesday 5 June 12.30pm-1.30pm. Click here to register
In-person information sessions
- Saturday 9 June 10.30am-11.30am. Click here to register
- Wednesday 13 June 6pm-7pm. Click here to register
Specialised Offender Assessment and Treatment Service (SOATS)
SOATS provides assessment, management, and intervention for offenders across both prison and Community Correctional Services. Our goal is to reduce the risk of sexual and violent recidivism and keep our community safe.
We are also specifically recruiting for Clinicians and Senior Clinicians within the Disability and Supported Pathways team where you will learn specialist skills focusing on offenders with an intellectual disability, acquired brain injury or low cognitive functioning abilities.
As a Clinician within SOATS, your tasks include:
- addressing the criminogenic behaviour of sexual offenders where you will understand and challenge the thoughts, beliefs and motivations behind their criminal behaviour.
- delivering group-based offence specific programs in prison and/or in the community.
- using cognitive behavioural and dialectical behavioural therapies with a focus on behaviour change, with the aim of increasing self-efficacy and self-awareness of offenders.
- administering assessment, management and therapeutic intervention services to convicted sexual and violent offenders.
- preparing treatment plans, treatment reports, and risk assessment reports for stakeholders, such as the Adult Parole Board
- actively contribute to ongoing research and training on the assessment and treatment of offenders
- For further information regarding Senior Clinician vacancies please press Apply
Clinician qualification requirements:
- registered as a psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (provisional psychologists are welcome to apply, see below for requirements); or
- be eligible for membership with the Australian Association of Social Work
Provisional Psychologist requirements:
- 5+1 internship pathway
- 4+2 where you have completed all components relating to child and adolescent psychology
- Starting salary of $66,699 plus super (pay grade AH2.2.1)
You must also hold a current driver’s license
- You will join a high performing team with a relaxed and friendly culture
- Join a team that is experienced and specialists in their field, and are open to sharing their knowledge with new staff members
- We encourage staff to grow their skills and offer various promotions and career pathways including Senior Clinician roles
- Attend team-building and social events throughout the year
- Receive dedicated training prior to formally starting in the role with your new team mates (including foundation, theory, and mentored on the job training)
- Receive strong supervision by top-tier external clinicians, you will have internal mentors and continual training to aid in your personal development
- The team is all located within the Carlton Justice Service Centre (based on Swanston Street in Melbourne’s CBD) with easy to access and approachable managers
- Gain access to networking and training opportunities in forensic and clinical work.
- Ongoing professional development including external seminars and conferences in Victoria.
- Annual salary increases (within the Allied Health banding grade) as annual performance benchmarks are met.
- Career progression paths for Provisional Psychologists with paid supervision: work towards your general registration.
- Visa sponsorship assistance and/or relocation allowances are available for eligible candidates.
About the Organisation
For more information about Corrections Victoria, head to our website: http://www.corrections.vic.gov.au/
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Forensic Clinician & Senior Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.