About the Role
IS THIS YOU?
An exciting part-time (0.6 FTE) opportunity exists for a skilled program management professional who is passionate about enabling young people to thrive, to join the Reach team in our Collingwood office.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are an experienced professional who will embrace Reach’s essence and manage Reach’s community programs in Victoria. You are highly effective at communicating and engaging people and will apply these skills to engage young people, parents and community stakeholders to recruit young people to attend Reach’s community programs. You are organised and have great attention to detail and will love the range of responsibilities within the role, which culminate in workshops and weekends away which are exceptionally well run and ensure that nothing is overlooked. Your strong communication and program management skills means you will also be effective in working with Reach’s young Crew to ensure they deliver high quality and impactful programs.
WHO ARE THE CREW?
The Reach Crew is a group of young people who are committed to creating, designing, and delivering experiences for other young people to learn more about themselves, connect with others and be their best selves. The Reach Crew consists of both volunteers and casual employees.
WHO ARE THE PROGRAMS TEAM?
The Programs team is responsible for the delivery of all Reach workshops with young people. Working closely with the Learning & Development and Wellbeing teams, the Programs team is part of the engine that drives and brings to life the Reach philosophy, engaging our stakeholders and delivering exceptional programs to young people.
See the attached position description for full details that need to be addressed in your application. Some of the key selection criteria for this role include:
- Preferred: Relevant tertiary qualification in Community Development, Program Management, Social Work or equivalent professional experience, preferably in a community setting
- Relationship building, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining meaningful professional relationships with young people
- Exceptional administration and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills, initiative and the ability to successfully manage competing interests to meet deadlines and achieve outcomes
- Good computer literacy and prior experience using a range of software including Word, Excel, and database systems
- Interest in the community and youth sector
- Commitment to personal development and self-reflection, and alignment with Reach’s values
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check identifying Reach as your employer prior to starting in the role, and a National Criminal History Check.
Role starting as soon as possible.
About the Organisation
Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be.
There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with over 40,000 of them a year. We have over 250 of them working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the community we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Generations of confident, self-aware and passionate young people shaping the world.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Community Programs VIC via Pro Bono Australia.