About the Role
Manager of Youth Programs Team, STREAT
STREAT is a leading Australian social enterprise stopping youth homelessness and disadvantage.
This job involves leading, managing and further developing STREAT’s high-performing Youth Programs Team. This team sits at the heart of STREAT and provide our youth participants with the support and vocational training they need to develop a healthy sense of self, home, and work. Belonging is a cornerstone and a goal of our programs. Strategically lead a highly capable multi-disciplinary team at a very exciting time of growth in social impact and scale, whilst keeping your feet on the ground and your sleeves rolled up
* Strategy & planning – Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer, you will assist in the development of STREAT’s strategic and operational planning, particularly in relation to Youth Program and supporting the rest of the operational business staff in their work with our young people.
* Service delivery – Coordinate and further grow the delivery of a range of supports for young people (case management, coordination with specialist service providers, group life skills programs, vocational training, on-the-job workplace mentoring and work experience, support transitioning into further training or employment). Develop new programs and supports as necessary.
* Staff management & culture building – Lead and support the Youth Programs team, along with providing support and professional development to hospitality staff in their day-to-day training of young people. Enable each staff member to full develop their potential whilst serving our young people.
* Stakeholder management – Effectively manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (including referral agencies, other service providers, training partners, government contacts, employment services agencies, hospitality staff).
* Impact measurement and ongoing improvement – Ensure ongoing measurement of STREAT’s social impact, to ensure all programs are strongly evidence-based and strive for continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience
* Tertiary qualifications as a Social Worker, Community Development worker, Youth Worker, allied health worker or Psychologist
* 5-10 years’ post-qualification in service delivery with complex clients
* Experience with at-risk youth populations and understanding of related issues, both practical and systematic (including but not limited to Youth Justice, CALD, OOHC, trauma, homelessness) * Extensive group facilitation experience is a requirement
* Experience managing allied health teams (≥5 direct reports) is a requirement
* Familiarity with social enterprise is essential
* Experience within the business sector is strongly desirable
1. Thinks and acts strategically – contributes to or defines organisational strategic planning and policy directions. Operationalises the vision for staff. However, in a growing organisation like STREAT we need you to roll up your sleeves and be very operational as well.
2. Adaptable and agile – ability to work within a growing and dynamic environment, to think creatively about program development and securing resources from a range of traditional and non-traditional financial sources to grow the team.
3. Performance-focussed– a highly organized person with excellent people and time management skills. You will be structured in your thinking and able to develop and implement effective systems and processes. You can plan, seek, allocate resources and monitor to achieve strong results. You are absolutely committed to evidence-based practice, continuous improvement, and measurement and evaluation.
4. Builds and nurtures a strong team to collaboratively achieve results – cultivates productive relationships, nurtures a work environment that values collaboration and facilitates partnerships, listens to people and values a diversity of ideas and approaches. Can build and maintain staff morale.
5. High level of judgement and ability operate independently – demonstrates a high standard of professional and personal integrity. Sets clear boundaries. Has the ability to resolve major problems. Operates with independence and uses their personal energy to drive change. Accepts personal responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and risks taken.
About the Organisation
About STREAT (we’re a little bit different to your average non-profit!)
STREAT is a leading Australian social enterprise and has a social heart and a business brain. Its vision is to stop youth homelessness and disadvantage, and it operates a portfolio of 7 hospitality businesses (4 cafes, a catering company, a bakery and a coffee roastery) where its young people receive the support and training they need to have a stable life, a stable home, and a stable job.
We’re currently 70% self-funded through our business operations, and expect to reach full self-sufficiency in the next three years. One of the advantages of our business model is that it gives us an ability to build the intensive, holistic and highly integrated programs that often governments don’t traditionally fund (1% of our current budget comes from government). It also gives us the freedom to test ideas and innovate (the organisation is widely recognised as an innovator in the Australian social enterprise sector, and has won a multitude of awards including 2013 Most Innovative Australian Social Enterprise). The person who comes into this role will be excited to be working within a business environment.
It’s an exciting time to join the STREAT team!
Over the following year STREAT is building a flagship site which will have a youth training academy, the organisation’s head office, and a number of hospitality businesses including a coffee roastery, artisan bakery, cafe, and catering company. This new facility will allow STREAT to take a quantum leap in the number of youth it can assist, and opens up amazing new opportunities to both deepen and broaden the support STREAT can give its young people.
Overall we’re striving to help a young person every single mealtime. That’s three young people a day, or 1095 youth each year. To achieve this we anticipate further scaling of the organisation beyond Melbourne from 2017 onwards. This Manager position will lead this growth in our youth programs.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0414437940
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What we need from you
Please don’t write us a long application, but instead, send us:
* A letter outlining why you really want to join our team
* Give us one paragraph on how you demonstrate each of the five attributes outlined above (no more than two pages in total thanks!)
* Your current CV
* Please note the selection process for this role will involve psychometric testing, referee checks and appointment of the successful applicant will be subject to a clear Working with Children Check.
Please quote in application: Manager of Youth Programs Team in a hospitality social enterprise via Pro Bono Australia.