About the Role
- High impact INGO empowering women and their families in the most marginalised communities
- Become a thought leader addressing climate change and human rights issues around poverty
- Lead a team and build the philanthropic profile of this ambitious and growing organisation
The Philanthropy Director will lead a small team in delivering a diverse range of activities that prospects for donors and engages them with the case for support. You will be responsible for raising the philanthropic profile and income and representing Pollinate Energy on a global level.
Specifically you will;
- Provide philanthropy expertise. You will develop strategic plans, cases for support and present reports for the CEO and Board of Directors on revenue portfolios and activity.
- Execute strategy for Institutional and Individual Donor engagement, including grants to Develop philanthropic relationships to ensure ongoing and increasing rates of giving.
- Play a leadership role as a thought leader in the sector as well as to your own small team of direct reports. Manage the team and provide mentorship for growth in the organisation.
- Develop, execute and leverage from the communications and brand strategy to maximise global exposure. Manage PR and representing PE at key strategic events and in interviews.
This role would be suited to a fundraiser with; significant success in growing an organisation’s philanthropic profile and revenue, staff management experience and experience using communications and brand to maximise exposure.
You will have a passion for improving the lives of people living in poverty in developing countries and an interest in playing a lead role in acting against it. You will be intelligent, a credible speaker, with the ability to represent Pollinate Energy in the media, to donors and other key stakeholders.
About the Organisation
Pollinate Energy brings life-changing products to people who need them most – from solar powered lights to improved cook stoves to water filters. In India for the 65 million living in urban poverty they are the missing link in the chain, allowing them to access, understand, and afford household products that make daily life better and safer. They also create jobs for women and minorities, giving them the skills and tools to generate a sustainable income to support their local communities.
As of this month, Pollinate Energy is merging with US-Nepal enterprise Empower Generation. Both organisations empower entrepreneurs to establish sales and distribution businesses that serve the most marginalised communities, improving quality of life and providing income to people living in poverty in India and Nepal.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Director via Pro Bono Australia.