About the Role
Ticket to Work supports young people with disability to successfully transition from school to work. Our web address is www.tickettowork.org.au
Ticket to Work grew out of research that demonstrated participation in career development, work experience and employment during secondary school are among the most significant indicators of post-school success for young people with disability. The poor labour-market statistics for young people with disability suggest a critical need for more work-based learning opportunities.
Ticket to Work takes a partnership approach to improving the employment and education outcomes of young people with disability. Ticket to Work brings together disability- specific and mainstream representatives from a variety of sectors to work strategically together to improve the transition and employment needs of young people with disability.
Ticket to Work is preparing young people with disability for the workplace and giving them an employment pathway that will help to ensure they move into a successful life beyond school.
This critical role provides an opportunity to think strategically with a focus on problem solving, to ensure productive and tangible employment outcomes for young people with disability nationwide.
This role will engage and work with a large range of stakeholders to implement Ticket to Work nationally
With a strong focus on engaging with Ticket to Work members in providing professional support, this position also has an emphasis in writing and adapting information according to various audiences and mediums.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Encourage and support implementation of evidence base practice in school to work transition for students with disability.
- Support a collective impact approach to school to work transition.
- Coordinate the Ticket to Work networks, including running meetings, answering enquiries and providing information to members.
- Coordinated the evaluation of Ticket to Work including collect and collate data on Ticket to Work outcomes, working with external evaluators and communicating findings.
- Developing resources including developing guides and documents, compose and produce publications, case studies, newsletters, marketing collateral, and reports to improving school transition in Australia.
- Respond promptly to enquiries about Ticket to Work.
- Administer and monitor accreditation and partnership agreements with Ticket to Work local sites and communicate benefits of Ticket to Work to stakeholders.
- Working with our partners, develop and implement a model to increase the skills, aspirations and knowledge of parents of young people with disability.
- Working with our partners implement, evaluate and communicate a model of supporting young people with significant disability into After-School work.
- Working with the NDS team to ensure Ticket to Work is sustainable and achieves its funding KPIs.
- Commitment to the mission of Ticket to Work and a passion for improving outcomes for young people with disability.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management.
- Proven ability to think strategically and act collaboratively to achieve results.
- Good time management skills, with ability to manage competing priorities.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Skills in social media applications and Website management would be highly regarded.
- Able to manage Memorandums of Understanding and agreements.
- Knowledge of evidence based practice in school to work transition particularly for young people with disability.
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 1,200 not-for-profit organisations. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Interested applicants should send a cover letter relating their experience to each of the Key Attributes, together with their resume which lists the name of two referees to:
Human Resources Manager
Ph: (02) 9256 3104
Fax: (02) 9256 3123
Position enquiries should be directed to:
National Ticket to Work Manager
Ph: 0413 750 745
Fax: (03) 8341 4333
*Applicants will also require a valid Working with Children Check & Police Clearance.
Closing date is 30 May 2018
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability.
Please quote in application: Ticket to Work Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.