About the Role
Mentor Walks Australia is now entering an exciting phase of growth. We are recruiting for a star events and marketing specialist who is passionate about helping women reach their full potential. The Events & Marketing Specialist will be a dynamic, organised, detailed-oriented all-rounder with hands-on events, communications and marketing experience, tasked with running the day to day event planning of Mentor Walks in Australia and promoting the walks across various earned and owned channels. This is a hands-on role and will require moving at a fast pace – being equally reactive and proactive to opportunities and the needs of the Mentor Walks community. This is also key stakeholder role, liaising with our Mentor Walks co-founders Adina Jacobs and Bobbi Mahlab, as well as our Mentor Walks City organisers in Brisbane, Melbourne and other regional locations. The Events & Marketing Specialist is an integral role to the growth, operational success and development of Mentor Walks Australia. The role is based in Sydney.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with a range of people across diverse and varied cultures and sectors
- Produce high quality communications with superb written skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Proactive with a well-developed attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Ability to organise meetings and produce associated documentation
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight time constraints
- A proven track record in delivering a high standard of customer service with a friendly and helpful approach
- Experience in executive assistant roles, event management and charity development desirable but not essential
- Experience in the Adobe suite desirable but not essential
Who we are looking for:
- Dynamic, professional, fast-paced events / communications start with a can-do attitude
- 3-5 years of administration or events experience
- Supporter of women in business
- Start up experience not essential
- Guest liaison or customer-facing roles are highly regarded
About the Organisation
Mentor Walks Australia is one of the most exciting start-up communities with major growth potential. Launched in 2016 it has enabled over 700 female mentees and 100 mentors to walk, learn and engage together. With monthly events in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and soon regional areas in NSW and VIC, Mentor Walks is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the next generation of female leaders by providing them with an affordable and accessible opportunity to walk & talk with some of Australia’s exceptional female leaders. All our Mentors are leaders in their field and bring a diverse range of skills to Mentor Walks. They are business owners, industry thought leaders and executives that span across a broad variety of industries including finance and banking, start-up and tech, media, creative, not-for-profit charities and policy. www.mentorwalks.com.au.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Events & Marketing Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.