About the Role
WHO ARE YOU?
You are an experienced and passionate business development professional who will play a vital role in ensuring the future viability and growth of Reach in NSW by broadening and strengthening Reach’s fundraising base. You will develop strong and lasting relationships with corporate partners and government and also with Trusts and Foundations, Private Ancillary Funds and individual donors. You will be an effective and constructive collaborator with the national Development team based in Victoria on national corporate relationships, community fundraising, events and national fundraising campaigns, especially as they relate to NSW.
Some of the key selection criteria for this role are (see attached position description for full details):
- Required: Min 3 years’ fundraising and partnership experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Preferred: CFRE or FIA Certificate of Fundraising
- Highly developed relationship building and interpersonal skills, with a strong sales and customer service orientation
- Ability to structure and close deals
- Focus on results and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing interests to meet and achieve deadlines and outcomes
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for the nature of Reach’s work and a willingness to engage authentically with it
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check identifying Reach as your employer prior to starting in the role, including National Criminal History Check.
Role starting as soon as possible.
About the Organisation
Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be.
There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with over 40,000 of them a year. We have over 250 of them working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the community we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Generations of confident, self-aware and passionate young people shaping the world.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Chris Doig, National Manager, Partnerships
Phone : 0401 496 760
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application process has 2 parts. BOTH must be provided if you want your application to be considered.
PART 1 (screening): Provide answers to the following questions in a separate Word document with your name included:
- Describe a time when you’ve gone on a “Hero’s Journey” in your own life.
- Why Reach?
- Why are you looking to change roles at this point in your career?
- What are the key elements of a successful pitch to a potential corporate partner?
- What are your salary expectations and notice period (if applicable)?
- Do you consent to Reach holding your personal information on file?
PART 2 (CV and key selection criteria): Provide your CV and a cover letter explicitly addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the attached PD.
Email all documents to email@example.com, using the subject line: “Manager, NSW Partnerships application – YOUR NAME”.
Please quote in application: Manager, NSW Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.