About the role
- Part-time 0.5EFT
- Fixed term until 30 June 2019
- Based across Kensington and Strathmore locations
- Hourly rate $21.80
We are a community based company with great aspirations. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about the community and putting the client at the heart of all they do. Our staff are valued as individuals for their different backgrounds, skills, experience and we recognise the importance of work-life balance. We offer:
- A progressive and supportive working environment;
- Not for Profit “Salary Sacrificing” benefits on top of your salary which can significantly increase your take home pay;
- A professional, committed workforce and highly supportive community;
- Variety in work and a sense of achievement;
Cohealth provide a range of individual and group, site based and assertive outreach services and programs across Northern and Western Melbourne. These are known as our Chiron and Janoak programs, located across our Kensington and Strathmore locations.
As our Personal Care Workers your primarily responsibility is for the domestic duties at the Chiron and Janoak Programs. These include maintaining the cleanliness standards of the units and the provision of, or assistance with, nutritious meals for the residents. Furthermore, you’ll be required to assist residents with daily living skills and to participate in the ongoing monitoring of residents’ well-being. As well as performing duties according to a range of individual resident plans, including assisting residents to achieve personal goals.
Position responsibilities of a Personal Care Worker will include:
- Work according to a range of individual plans, including assisting residents to achieve personal goal;
- Actively participate in outings with residents;
- Provide courteous advice and assistance to clients and visitors of the program; and
- Ensuring that statistical records and accountability information is prepared and forwarded in a timely manner.
This position would be ideally suited to someone who possesses the following:
- A genuine interest in working with people who are experiencing mental health issues;
- Ability to work both independently and as a positive and contributing member of our team;
- An understanding of the lived experience of the client and their recovery goals;
- Relevant computer skills (Word & Email) or willingness to complete Basic Computer Skills training, within three months of commencing employment; and
- Relevant qualifications (not essential): Food Handling, Cert 3 or Cert 4 (Mental Health/Aged Care), First Aid Level 2, Medication Handling Certificate.
If you are a hard-working, reliable individual who enjoys interacting with the community and genuinely making a difference, this is the position you’ve been waiting for
About the organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Services (Health and Allied Services, Manages and Administrative Officers) Multiple Enterprise Agreements 2011-2015, Personal Care Worker, Grade 1
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Personal Care Worker via Pro Bono Australia.