About the Role
Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
WARUMILANG – “TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE”
From the Djab wurrung people
AFL SportsReady believes that education and employment are vital for people to successfully participate in society. Our vision is for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to have the same opportunities as other Australians to start their careers with confidence, qualifications and skills.
We are currently seeking a passionate and motivated person to join our team as our new Senior Project Officer – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Programs.
This is a key role for AFL SR and involves a broad range of responsibility spanning program and project coordination, support for business development, acting as one of our lead writers in the company, and other activities to help us to improve and grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs. It’s a dynamic and challenging role that would suit someone who is passionate about making a difference, and has experience and skills related to program and project coordination, writing for government and business, review and analysis, support for business development activities, and project implementation.
You will join a positive, progressive and flexible organisation, in a key role within the company:
- Ethical company with a strong track-record and reputation;
- Friendly and supportive working environment;
- Base salary between $82,500 – $87,500 per annum (starting salary commensurate with experience);
- +9.5% superannuation + iPhone and iPad allowances;
- Potential for 4 day a week, part-time arrangement (per negotiation);
- 5 weeks total leave per year (4 weeks annual and 1 week gratis), and leave loading of 17.5% of base salary;
- Volunteering leave and study leave provisions;
- Support for professional development, and opportunity to undertake and achieve accredited training/ certifications as part within our RTO – ‘SportsReady Education’;
- Join a company that walks the talk in terms of valuing diversity, health, well-being, and balance in the workplace;
- Additional 2 days of cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander team members; and
- Located at Abbotsford, Melbourne, surrounded by parks, cafes and walking trails.
The focus areas for this role are:
- Lead the review, analysis and improvement of AFL SR’s current Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education and employment programs and services, and coordinate activities to implement ongoing service improvements and program growth.
- Support the identification and planning for new offerings for the Program.
- Produce written materials including government submissions, other funding proposals and tender responses, business cases and business development proposals.
- Support business development operations including monitoring and administering business development pipeline and activities, and supporting business development submissions.
- Support the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of National and State strategies and plans.
- Play a lead or key supporting role in AFL SR’s: Community Engagement Framework, Reconciliation Action Plan, and Business Development campaigns.
Additional information about the role can be found with the position description which is located on our website at:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Experience with program and project planning and implementation;
- Experience with program and project reviews and reporting;
- Strong written skills, including writing for business and government stakeholders;
- Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with, and knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and organisations;
- Experience and knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education and Employment programs and services;
- Working knowledge of the vocational education and training (VET) sector is desirable but not mandatory;
- Understanding and practice of respect for people across a range of backgrounds and cultures;
- Organised, proactive person with a high degree of initiative and personal motivation; and
- A great problem solver who is focussed on achieving positive outcomes and constantly improving.
If you meet these criteria, or most of them, we’d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply for the position.
About the Organisation
AFL SportsReady is a national, not-for-profit company dedicated to helping young Australians develop careers through traineeships and educational opportunities.
We work in partnership across a number of industry sectors including sport and recreation, business and administration, education, finance, horticulture, information technology, retail and arts and the creative industries.
We have kick-started the careers of approximately 13,000 young jobseekers, including over 1,500 Indigenous Australians, and helped develop over 700 sporting organisations and other businesses across Australia, since we began two decades ago.
We provide an entry-level training and support program that combines practical work experience with vocational education, helping young Australians kick-start their careers while supporting employers to build skilled and qualified workforces.
Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander program, Warumilang, represents the support and opportunities created for Indigenous people through quality education and employment. We focus on strengthening relationships, promoting respect and creating employment and education opportunities for young Indigenous people. We have kick-started the careers of over 1,500 Indigenous trainees since 2000.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.