About the Role
AEGN’s membership in Queensland and NSW has been growing steadily over the last few years. This role will link in with these members, helping them to give more and more effectively to the environment. The role will reach out to the AEGN’s current members providing general support and opportunities to share and collaborate. In addition the role reach out to potential members and others interested in giving to the environment as well as the AEGN’s special partners in the wealth, giving and environment sectors.
The AEGN is a small group with the majority of staff based in Melbourne. The NSW and QLD Manager is an integral part of the AEGN team and will work closely with other staff on a weekly basis. The AEGN is a member-based organisation so the needs and opinions of the overall membership are fundamental to all that the AEGN staff do.
You are passionate about environmental protection and have at least 7 years experience in building relationships. You love meeting people and have a strong ethic of working hard and at the service to others. You understand how to build networks and you love being part of a small dynamic team. But you can also work alone and have strategies for maintaining contact with others. Ideally, you either have good knowledge of environment issues and the geography of Australia and how change happens or you have deep knowledge of the philanthropic and wealth sectors. You have excellent writing skills.
You’re an all-rounder who is just as comfortable interviewing interesting people as you are putting together an event including occasionally washing the dishes! You love to create and participate in a vibrant organisational culture that enables staff to do their best work, but you are used to having a fast pace, constantly changing environment with few resources and without the support systems of a big organisation.
The NSW and QLD Manager plays a key role in managing the AEGN’s operations and outreach in NSW and QLD. The position has responsibility for the following areas:
- Management of the Sydney office
- NSW and QLD members and outreach
- Coordination of NSW and QLD events
- Projects as required
- Participation in the overall work and program of the AEGN
The NSW and QLD Manager will strengthen the AEGN’s effectiveness by:
- Supporting and encouraging NSW and QLD members
- Attracting and supporting new members in NSW and QLD.
- Raising the profile of AEGN in related sectors including philanthropy and the wealth sectors in NSW and QLD.
- Generating and managing events and supporting events generated by others in NSW and QLD
- Strengthening relationships with the wealth sector to ultimately grow environmental philanthropy
- Working closely with other AEGN staff to ensure NSW and QLD members are linked into the broader AEGN network and activities in the network
- Working on other projects depending on the needs and demands of the AEGN’s annual work program
About the Organisation
Established in 2008 the AEGN is a membership organisation for philanthropists who care about the environment. Our main aims are to grow the amount of environmental giving to the environment sector and to help member organisations, individuals and others become more effective environmental grantmakers through information sharing, collaboration and networking.
The AEGN is a not-for-profit organisation and currently has around 120 members. Over the next few years the AEGN will work to substantially grow the sector, help members and others get better at the craft of grantmaking and continue to learn from other national and international networks.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: AEGN NSW and QLD Manager via Pro Bono Australia.