About the Role
Brighter Futures Community Connector 2 positions on a 2 year contract – full time flexible
Salary $85,000-$90,000 (including Super)
Anchor is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s outer eastern region. We support people to get back on track and help them thrive.
The Brighter Futures Transformation Pilot: Learning for Life through Community Connections (Brighter Futures Pilot) has been developed through the Area Partnership, to support young people aged 15-23 years with an Out-of-Home-Care (OoHC) experience to achieve their unique learning goals relating to education, employment, health and wellbeing and housing by fostering meaningful and sustainable relationships between young people and their local community.
“Brighter Futures” is designed to connect those leaving care to opportunities in the community aligning with their passions, skills and interests. Anchor and Brighter Futures are delivering this pilot program over the next 2 years.
Underpinning this pilot is the belief that Young People who have been in care, will have better outcomes and feel valued, if they can depend on connections and support in the community. This pilot will also embrace “Advantaged Thinking” a method that asks what can someone do and offer, not what they cannot.
The Brighter Futures Transformation Pilot has been made possible with funding from major philanthropic sources and through the consistent collaborative work of the Outer East Child and Youth Area Partnership.
An exciting opportunity exists for two (2) Brighter Futures Community Connectors to work with a dynamic and highly motivated team at Anchor.
The right candidates will be:
- Well connected to the community in the Outer East of Melbourne (Knox, Maroondah and Yarra ranges) in business, education, sport, and recreation.
- Be able and prepared to leverage these connections for young people aged 15-23 years who are transitioning from Foster care, Kinship care or Residential care to enable them to realise their goals and aspirations.
- Willing to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends as needed
- Committed to making a difference in the lives of disadvantaged young people
- Experienced in building relationships and partnerships within a short period of time for projects, causes or campaigns.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders for collective impact.
- An excellent communicator, collaborator and person of influence.
The competitive salary offered also includes access to immediate salary packaging.
A position description which includes key selection criteria can be found on our website at https://www.anchor.org.au/ under “Get involved” then ‘Join our team’ tab.
An overview with more information on the pilot program can also be found here.
About the Organisation
Anchor is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne's outer eastern region. We support people to get back on track and help them thrive.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: “Brighter Futures” Community Connector via Pro Bono Australia.