About the Role
- 1 EFT, fixed term position until June 30, 2019
- Based at Central City Community Health
- 53 Victoria St, Melbourne
HOMHS is a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency team comprising staff from cohealth, Inner West Area Mental Health Service and Launch Housing, alongside a strong partnership with McAuley Community Services for Women. HOMHS provides case management support to people who experience severe and enduring mental illness and a history of repeated homelessness. HOMHS provides the equivalent Area Mental Health Service clinical case management service to all consumers of the program.
The role of Community Mental Health Worker is to provide a service that aims to enhance quality of life, build life skills and ensure access to both community mental health and broader health and community services. Focusing on client service delivery through facilitative and direct care engagement using CRM, underpinned by the principles of trauma informed care; family centred practice and culturally appropriate practice. We employ a flexible, individualised approach, working in consultation with clients to assess needs and develop a range of client directed goals. Care plans and activities offered promote choice, acknowledge individual strengths and facilitate inclusion within the community.
Your daily duties will be diverse however, in essence will include:
- Providing case management support and advocacy to consumers with a range of complex needs who are accessing HOMHS, addressing specific needs;
- Developing and implementing client-directed, strengths-based individual client service packages from entry to exit;
- Working collaboratively with clients and the HOMHS team to conduct comprehensive assessments, identifying needs, aspirations and goals of clients;
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with key local and internal stakeholders;
- Facilitating client access to community resources, peer leadership initiatives and services including the Volunteer Coordination Program and brokerage; and
- Providing support to prepare clients who are transitioning to the NDIS.
This position would be ideally suited to someone who possesses:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant sector and/or commensurate experience in a related area, as determined by cohealth;
- Comprehensive understanding of the challenges people with severe and enduring mental illness and their families face;
- Detailed understanding of community mental health service delivery models of care underpinned by the principles of family centred and inclusive practice, trauma informed practice and approach and the collaborative recovery model;
- Significantly experienced in the mental health sector, providing case management support to consumers who have complex presentations;
- Proven recovery coaching and client support skills with a demonstrated accountability to clients, team and management; and
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a multidisciplinary team, plus employing a team approach to client care.
Do you want to become part of a team that supports a future where our clients have an opportunity like never before, to live the life they choose?
Please select the ‘Apply Now’ button below to be taken to our online application process.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
We are one of Australia's largest and most recognised Community Health Organisations. So naturally, 'community' is what we're all about. But if you think 'community' ends with our Clients, then think again. At cohealth, our team members aren't just paramount to our success, they are our success. Working as part of cohealth you will enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Joining a positive, friendly and supportive work environment;
- Generous Not for Profit 'Salary Sacrificing' packaging options which can significantly increase the value of take-home pay;
- An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our clients;
- Working within an ambitious and fast paced environment and joining a team that love what they do!
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Mental Health Worker via Pro Bono Australia.