About the Role
ADRF Company Secretary
The Company Secretary will provide support to the ADRF Board, Committees and be responsible for governance aspects of the ADRF.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide secretarial support to the Board and Board Committees (manage any conflicts of interest processes, provide general governance advice as required).
- Manage the ADRF’s General Meetings including preparation and approval of the Notice of Meeting.
- Provide governance advice and support to the Board, the CEO, and senior staff.
- Deal with other governance related projects and enquiries as they arise.
The Ideal Candidate
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline including law, accounting or business.
- Demonstrated experience providing executive support to Boards / Board Committees.
- Qualification in a Company directors program, governance and/or Company Secretary program is preferable.
- Knowledge and understanding of governance practices at both Board and corporate levels and corporations law requirements.
- Sound people management skills.
- Tact and sensitivity in dealing with confidential issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Common sense and a pragmatic approach to seeking solutions to issues that may arise.
About the Organisation
The Asbestos Diseases Research Foundation (ADRF) was established in 2006 as a charitable, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to assist and support the research efforts into asbestos and other dust-related diseases. Australia has the world’s highest incidence of malignant mesothelioma per capita, with more than 600 new cases diagnosed each year. As a response to this legacy, the ADRF established the Asbestos Diseases Research Institute (ADRI). The ADRI is an independent medical research institute located on the Concord Hospital Campus, opened in 2009. The ADRI aims to improve the diagnosis and treatment of asbestos-related diseases and at the same time to contribute to more effective measures to prevent exposure to asbestos.
Apply for this Job
Phone : 02 97679800
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV and a cover letter by Friday 28th September 2018 to email@example.com . If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Victoria on 02 97679800
Please quote in application: Company Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.