About the role
To help us on this journey, we are seeking a full-time Content/Communications Manager to report directly to the Head of Services Marketing.
On offer is a dynamic and varied role, with overall responsibility for creating, improving and maintaining content marketing initiatives as well as media and stakeholder relationships, to position the brand as a leader in the field.
You will be an experienced marketing or communications professional, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. You will have a sound understanding of marketing metrics and will apply your knowledge of best practice to achieve our organisational goals.
You will be a team player and will work within a professional, motivated team, who have a passion for the organisation, to engage customers, maintain brand consistency and drive a positive experience for the children and adults who rely on our services.
Applicants will need to demonstrate they meet the following selection criteria:
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant discipline or relevant experience
- Ability to develop and execute a content strategy aligned with team, departmental and organisational goals
- Experience in preparing and delivering media pitches, with a successful track record across print and digital media
- Proven ability to create engaging content that drives action
- Experience with editing, proofing and improving posts written by others
- A successful track record in managing content distribution to increase web traffic
- A collaborative approach to planning, developing and delivering site content, style and layout
- Advanced project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience managing and influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Sensitivity to issues associated with the publication of material about children with disabilities
- Working with Children Check in accordance with Child Protection legislation http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/
- Criminal Record Check
- Commitment to providing a secure and happy working environment
In return, RIDBC offers a competitive remuneration package including salary packaging and attractive staff benefits.
RIDBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
About the organisation
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) provides quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision and/or hearing loss.
RIDBC has a diverse range of services including Australia’s largest cochlear implant program for adults and children, allied health, specialist preschool and school education, therapy and health services, and an internationally-renowned centre for research and professional education.
RIDBC is going through an exciting period of change which will see us co-located with Macquarie University in the future and enable us to do more for those who need us through expansion of our services and partnerships.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Content & Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.