About the Role
ABOUT THE COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
The Communications and Public Affairs team is a cross functional team that spans communications, marketing, fundraising, government relations and stakeholder and community engagement and coordinates SSI’s campaigns and advocacy. This broad and multi-disciplinary team is responsible for bringing together and coordinating the voice of SSI and managing stakeholder engagement. The function is responsible for developing strategy to ensure the organisation is best able to leverage external opportunities, to strengthen SSI’s position, and elevate the organisation’s brand and reputation in the community.
The Corporate Communications Manager will lead and manage the communications function to grow and develop Settlement Services International’s (SSI) reputation and positioning as a leading contributor to our sector and society. This senior position will play a key role in delivering the corporate communications plan during a critical period in (SSI’S) organisational strategy, ensuring the organisation is best able to leverage external opportunities, to strengthen SSI’s position, and elevate the organisation’s brand and reputation in the community. Key responsibilities include:
- Advising leadership on branding, reputation and communications issues and risks
- Developing and implementing the communications plan and budget to support SSI’s strategic direction
- Leading a high performing team that engages and builds communications capacities across SSI
- Managing a developing SSI’s brand
- Managing and aligning communications for all SSI projects, programs and events in support of SSI’s strategic priorities
- Managing multiple external and internal communications channels including media relations and digital communications
- Develop and implement policies, programs and systems to enable consistent and effective communication
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a communications function
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and experience developing and leading high performing teams
- Experience managing and cultivating effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including senior manager
- Sound strategic planning capability including budget management
- Extensive experience managing external channels including media, government and digital and other external parties
- Extensive experience in internal communications
- Knowledge of traditional and emerging communication channels
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or an equivalent field
- An understanding of working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com
Applications close date: 14 August 2018
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Corporate Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.