About the Role
About the role
Full time (fixed term to 30 June 2020)
This dynamic role will contribute to increasing access to justice for Aboriginal victims/survivors of family violence and ensuring the voices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims/survivors of family violence shape social, legal and system reform across Australia.
Working under the direction of the National Convenor and within the Charter of the National FVPLS Forum, the Executive Officer will lead the work of the National FVPLS Forum’s Secretariat. This includes:
- providing Secretariat functions (including strategic, administrative and logistical support) to the National Convenor, Deputy Convenor, forum working groups and forum members
- coordinating the Forum’s policy and advocacy work (including drafting submissions, reports, media releases and speeches, and coordinating campaigns)
- supporting the Forum’s stakeholder engagement and representing the National FVPLS Forum in key national settings
- managing Secretariat staff, budgets, Forum projects and grant programs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally safe and effective manner with Aboriginal organisations, communities and individuals
- Experience providing secretariat functions
- Experience in strategic and/or policy roles related to family violence, law or social justice
- Proven ability to effectively implement campaigns to achieve policy change
- Sound policy/system knowledge related to family violence against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to develop effective working relationships
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet competing deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly
- Competitive salary
- Generous salary packaging options
- Generous leave entitlements, including monthly rostered day off, cultural leave, additional Christmas leave, paid parental leave and annual leave loading
- Access to a range of activities throughout the year run by Djirra’s Wellbeing Committee
- Cultural Awareness training and ongoing support provided by our dedicated full-time Cultural Advisor.
About the Organisation
The National FVPLS Forum is a leading national voice on addressing family violence against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Established in 2012, the National FVPLS Forum is the peak body for the 14 Family Violence Prevention Legal Services (FVPLSs) around Australia. FVPLSs provide specialist, culturally safe legal services and supports to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims/survivors of family violence and sexual assault, and work with families and communities to reduce violence. FVPLSs operate in 35 identified rural and remote locations across Australia.
This position will be based at Djirra, an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation whose head office is located in Abbotsford, Melbourne, and will include travel.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9244 3333
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Officer, National FVPLS Forum Secretariat via Pro Bono Australia.