About the Role
Are you a highly-skilled and passionate fundraiser with loads of experience getting results for not-for-profit organisations? The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation is on the hunt for an accomplished fundraiser to run a major fundraising campaign and kick-start regular giving and peer-to-peer fundraising activities.
- Join a dynamic team bringing positive food habits to young Australians.
- Part-time role of 0.6 FTE based in Collingwood, Victoria.
- Base salary of $70–75k depending on experience plus Super (SGC), with Salary Packaging available.
The Fundraising Coordinator will be an experienced fundraiser with extensive insight into running successful fundraising campaigns for prominent not-for-profit organisations. The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker with an eye for detail, and will excel in a fast-paced working environment.
You will bring:
- Extensive experience running fundraising campaigns for not-for-profit organisations, including peer-to-peer and regular giving campaigns
- A flair for building relationships with colleagues and clients
- Innovative and strategic thinking
- An eye-for-detail and commitment to excellence
- A talent for written and verbal communication
- The ability to deliver projects to budget and timeline.
Extra knowledge to help support your role:
- Connections in, and knowledge of, the hospitality industry well regarded
The position will include some intra-state travel. Driver’s license is required, own vehicle preferred. The applicant must be able to legally work in Australia.
No recruitment companies please
About the Organisation
Our Vision is for children to form positive food habits for life.
Our Mission is to provide the inspiration, information, professional learning and support for educational institutions to deliver pleasurable food education, in conjunction with educators, partners and the wider community.
The purpose of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation is to introduce pleasurable food education to children during their learning years, in order to form positive food habits for life. The recipe for effective food education is ...
- Pleasurable food education emphasises the flavours as well as the health benefits of fresh, seasonal, delicious food.
- Dishes cooked reflect the vegetables, herbs and fruits grown, season-by-season, by the children in their organic gardens, and also reflect the Australian Dietary Guidelines.
- Kitchen educators emphasise balance and moderation, and endorse the concept of preparing fruit-based desserts ‘sometimes-only’.
- Pleasurable food education is designed to be fully integrated into the curriculum or learning framework as it offers infinite possibilities to reinforce literacy, numeracy, science, cultural studies and all aspects of environmental sustainability.
- Pleasurable food education delivers observable social benefits to all children, including those with special needs.
- Pleasurable food education encourages critical thinking, teamwork, an understanding of cause and effect, and increased levels of observation.
Apply for this Job
Please go to the ‘About us’, ‘Join the Team’ section of our website www.kitchengardenfoundation.org.au for further information (Position Description) and application details.
To be considered you must complete the application form and forward with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Fundraising Coordinator [your name]
Applications close 9.00am (AEST) Wednesday 22 August 2018
Please quote in application: Fundraising Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.