About the Role
- 12 month full time contract based in Newcastle
- Flexible working hours, fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) & salary packaging options!
- Dedicated well-being program!
ABOUT OUT OF HOME CARE PROGRAM
SSI delivers a specialist out of home care (OOHC) service that provides a culturally appropriate model of foster care for children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds aged 0–18 years.
Caseworkers and Bilingual Support Workers work closely with community organisations, women’s groups, religious organisatio ns and schools to support foster carers, birth families, and children in care to stay connected with their culture, religion and language.
Your efforts will see better outcomes for children and young people in OOHC.
- Undertake child and family case work including assessments, planning, placement support, monitoring and reviews
- Develop, implement and review children and young people’s case plans as per OOHC policies and procedures
- Match children and young people with foster carers as per the multicultural foster care model
- Liaise with Family and Community Services, other government partners, non-government organisations and other stakeholders in relation to referrals and reportable activity as per OOHC policies and procedures
We are seeking dedicated and highly analytical caseworkers with experience in child protection or OOHC and who have completed or are enrolled in a relevant tertiary degree or diploma. You will be well versed in liaising with culturally and linguistically diverse communities with fluency in languages such as Arabic, Turkish and Vietnamese considered highly desirable (although not essential). You will be skilled in managing negotiations successfully and working under pressure to achieve positive outcomes. We are seeking resilient caseworkers who are not only strong influencers to persuade key stakeholders but are collaborative team players who are able to operate with the highest levels of integrity. Computer literacy with intermediate level MS Office skills (Word & Excel) and excellent written and oral communication skills are a must for this role.
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. SSI fosters an environment conducive for work/life balance; something we are very passionate about. For this, we offer a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options to increase your take home pay!
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Multicultural Permanency Support Program (OOHC) Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.