About the role
MHCC is seeking a motivated individual with high standards and a commitment to ensuring a quality innovative approach is used throughout the project deliverables. Experience within the mental health community sector is desirable but experience within the human services sector is a must.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for:
• Project Management: Ensure MHCC successfully meets project milestones and deliverables through strong project management and remains within the project budget.
• Build and maintain relationships: Build respectful and collaborative relationships with project stakeholders and ensure recovery and trauma-informed approaches are used in all interactions.
• Co-ordinate project workshops and events: In collaboration with other project staff promote, recruit and provide support for the delivery of project consultations, workshops and other events.
This is a contract position with immediate commencement through to project completion in June 2020.
MHCC are seeking an individual who has demonstrated project experience; has excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to ‘think on their feet and outside the box’; multi-task priorities with exceptional planning and organisation skills; and is innovative with a high level of self-motivation and attention to detail. They need to be able to work independently and as part of a team, as well as have the ability to build and maintain relationships.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working within the community sector or human services areas.
If this sounds like you then apply today by sending your resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria below.
• Previous project management experience
• Experience of mental health and/or human services sectors
• Strong organisational and administrative skills, good attention to detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
• Line management experience of a small team
• General computer literacy/ comfortable with online communication methods
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Understanding/awareness of current mental health issues
• Previous experience in facilitation and training
• Knowledge or experience of the NDIS
• Knowledge or experience of one of the following diversity groups; Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, LGBTIQA+ or Rural and Remote
• Valid driver’s licence
Job benefits and perks
Remuneration packaging includes base salary of $75-80k based on experience, plus super guarantee contribution, FBT salary packaging and entertainment benefits under our Public Benevolent Institution status available.
MHCC offers a flexible working environment.
About the organisation
The Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) is the peak body for organisations providing community mental health services throughout NSW. MHCC Learning & Development (LD) is a registered training organisation delivering mental health training to workers within the mental health community sector.
MHCC has recently received funding under the NDIA Information, Linkages and Capacity Building grant round (National) and is seeking a Project Manager to drive implementation.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Manager via Pro Bono Australia.