About the Role
Speaking on behalf of Asian Aid, this senior position is responsible for leading and developing Asian Aid’s capacity to communicate, represent and advocate on our strategic direction, program implementation and International development compliance.
Engaging with traditional and digital media, this role is responsible for clearly articulating policy priorities, managing public advocacy campaigns and further developing the CEO’s engagement in advocacy. This position is instrumental in delivering communications and engagement initiatives aimed at enhancing the positive public image of the organisation through implementation of effective engagement and communication tactics with existing and potential new stakeholders.
With deep knowledge, insight and experience of the Child sponsorship, protection and child rights agendas, legal and media environments, the incumbent is responsible for crafting and developing key approaches and activities with an emphasis on tangible, measurable outcomes. Excellent networking, influencing and broader stakeholder engagement experience is critical as this role works closely with the CEO and the senior management team in developing and shaping the message and influencing outcomes for the benefit of the children we support.
- Demonstrated knowledge, ability and experience working with child sponsorship, protection and rights in both welfare and development environments
- Ability to develop, execute and evaluate integrated business, marketing, communications and engagement strategies and plans (including social media, research, advertising, digital marketing etc) to grow awareness of and support for Asian Aid’s work
- Broad experience across senior marketing and communications roles including working in a lead role on large transformation projects, preferably with digital and customer outcomes focus
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral skills, ability to identify key stakeholders and target audiences (including experience writing for different audiences and demonstrated ability to explain complex information in easy to understand language)
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external organisational communications, ability to identify and resolve conflict, issues and problems
- Qualifications / demonstrated relevant experience in public relations and communications
Desired skills / experience includes:
- The ideal candidate will have a knowledge, insight and experience of child sponsorship, child development / international aid environment
- A high-level understanding of government communications
- Knowledge and / or experience working in non-Government, Not-for-profit sector
About the Organisation
Asian Aid Organisation gives hope by fostering permanent positive change in the lives of disadvantaged children and their communities. At Asian Aid, we believe in children and in empowerment. Our vision is that all children, and their communities, are empowered, protected and have full access to their rights. We place the wellbeing of deserving children in Asia at the core of all that we do. We empower disadvantaged children to grow strong for life in families and communities that can support them. We equip children and their communities with the skills and resources they need to break the cycle of poverty. And we have been giving hope to children for more than 50 years.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 6586 4250
All applicants must have the Right to Work in Australia as well as be able to achieve Working with Children and Police Check clearances.
If this sounds like you, forward your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com we look forward to hearing from you today!
Please quote in application: Public Relations & Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.