About the Role
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified and dedicated professionals to join our Assessment and Response team. We have the following opportunity available:
- Specialist Family Violence Advocate: fixed term, full time (38 hours per week) until 30th June 2019
The Assessment and Response team is responsible for the initial intake function within EDVOS.
About the Opportunity
As a Specialist Family Violence Advocate, you will listen to the woman’s story and ask questions to better understand her risk. You will address gender and power issues underlying domestic violence on both personal and social levels including accountability of perpetrators, you will provide high quality risk assessment and safety planning with women and children, and ensure accurate client case notes/records and data collection. In partnership with the woman you will identify, assess, develop and implement effective interventions and referrals to other helpful services for them and, where relevant, their families.
Essential to your success
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Diploma of Community Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of a specialist family violence service including feminist theory and enabling women to make informed choices
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and a range of stakeholders/service providers
- Capacity to provide a high quality family violence service inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women, children, young women, CALD clients, women with a disability and women who identify as GLBTIQ clients both over the phone and face-to-face
- Capacity to self-manage and prioritise workload
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and well-being programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work,
- bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. In this position you would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation. Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 9259 4200
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Advocate via Pro Bono Australia.