About the Role
- Full Time
- $78,000 to $81,000
This position is responsible for the management and effective delivery of family services and the Aboriginal Liaison service across the Southern Metropolitan region. The role will work closely with the Southern VACCA, Senior Programs Manager in liaising with the Dept of Health and Human Services to maintain positive relationships and ensure intake, referrals, case management and reporting responsibilities and any other compliance requirements are met.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Victorian Aboriginal history and the impact this has had upon Aboriginal families
- A sound knowledge and understanding of issues, policies, legislation and practices in relation to family services
- A sound understanding of the principles and practice of case management, child development and risk assessment.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor staff by providing them with relevant information, support, and feedback about their work,
- A demonstrated capacity to provide leadership and work as part of a team
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader- Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.