About the role
Main responsibilities of the role:
The role of the Team Leader is to:
- Manage operational aspects of the Youth Transitions to Work programs across Frankston Mornington Peninsula including risk and ensuring achievement of program outcomes and quality assurance.
- Build the leadership capability and capacity within the team through coaching and role modelling the capabilities and behaviours of an effective leader.
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Manager to ensure the quality of the Transition to Work program with engagement and progress of young people in the program, during and post-program, which includes responsibility for placement of participants into education and employment outcomes.
- Supervise the staff responsible for Youth Transitions to Work programs including TtW, Creating Futures for Youth program and ACE cars for employment programs.
The role forms part of the Youth Transitions team and works with the team and other key stakeholders in the ongoing development and delivery of the TtW program. The program will operate from the Brotherhood’s High St Centre in Frankston, where the team works collaboratively with the local community.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated experience of working in an outcomes-focused environment and assisting staff to achieve outcomes.
- A depth of knowledge about the causes and consequences of youth unemployment and the kinds of strategies that are successful in helping young people follow pathways to work.
- Successful experience and achievement in team leadership including supervision of direct service staff, performance management, learning and development and change management.
- Sound record of building enduring relationships and establishing sustained partnerships.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to liaise and build relationships with a broad range of people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds. An ability to communicate effectively with people who have limited English skills is essential.
- Experience in career planning and guidance.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, and an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Highly-developed administration and computer skills and competency in Microsoft Programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member to achieve goals.
- Experience of working in innovative programs that focus on holistic outcomes.
- Experience in learning and community development, in particular for young people.
- Experience in managing people with complex needs.
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
This is a full-time position working 38 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $72,304.44 to $77,374.96 per annum based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Rebecca Willmott on 0427 998 725.
About the organisation
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Through School to Work transition area has a focus on developing programs that ensure that young people have the opportunity to engage in education, training and employment. The Youth Transitions department focusses on young people aged 15 and over, who are disconnected from education or employment, to make the crucial step into the world of work.
The Transition to Work (TTW) program provides young job seekers aged 15-21 with intensive one-on-one support to gain employment or to continue their education. Funded by the Australian Government, more information on this program may be accessed at https://www.employment.gov.au/transition-work.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Frankston Mornington Peninsula via Pro Bono Australia.