About the Role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and their families
- Parramatta located
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking a Volunteer Coordination Unit (VCU) Coordinator to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Volunteer Coordination Unit Manager and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will oversee the day to day activities of VCU volunteers involved in registering, screening and matching high volumes of Smith Family volunteers to programs, projects and other business activities nationally, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of a VCU Coordinator might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Provide guidance to VCU volunteers about TSF policies and procedures, supporting VCU adherence to legislative, contractual and organisational obligations pertaining to volunteer involvement (particularly screening, privacy and data integrity)
- Delegate activities to administration and customer-service volunteers to ensure external and internal stakeholders have a positive experience
- Initiate ongoing evaluation of the performance of the VCU Volunteer Team, develop strategies and implement process improvement initiatives to improve team performance
- Perform checking and validation of volunteer data and processing in CRM (Connect) to ensure accuracy and confidence in data integrity
- Maintain a safe workplace by ensuring adherence to Work, Health and Safety policies and procedures and relevant legislation
- Identify training and development needs of VCU volunteers
- Advertise volunteer positions online within service level timeframes, to complement local volunteer recruitment strategies
It takes a special kind of person to be our VCU Coordinator. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Proven experience providing effective administrative and customer focussed service within a professional and confidential environment
- Experience in effective supervision of team members or volunteers
- Ability to independently complete complex administrative tasks
- Previous use of CRM (or similar) data management system
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Proficient computer literacy: Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Web technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
About the Organisation
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Apply for this Job
Phone : 0290 857 252
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Coordination Unit (VCU) Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.