About the Role
The diverse services and programs in Retirement and Ageing (R & A) delivered across various sites in Melbourne include:
- Brotherhood Community Care: supports people with complex physical and/or psychological needs, including frail, older, vulnerable people and people with a disability, to live in the community by providing advisory case management and support services. The range of services are delivered using an active service framework.
- Day and Respite Programs: provides high quality flexible services that assist older people, people who have a disability and carers to access and participate in community life. Priority is given to those who are socially isolated.
- Residential Aged Care: Specialised facilities which provide accommodation and other types of support including healthcare support, dementia management and lifestyle and enrichment programs.
Volunteers play an essential role in supporting the delivery of a broad range of programs and care including; companionship, re-ablement programs, hosting and facilitating social activities, outings and events in our facilities and in the community.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Volunteer Support Officer will provide administrative support for various activities related to volunteers in the Retirement and Ageing Division. The incumbent will have phone and face-to-face contact with volunteers, managers and staff in Retirement and Ageing across multiple locations. Additionally, this position will interface with the Brotherhood’s Volunteer Services, providing liaison and administrative support for the centralized registration of volunteers.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Previous experience providing a broad range of administration duties in a customer service environment including data entry
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, to deal with a broad range of people at all levels and to provide accurate information
- A professional manner with a high customer service focus
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, including Word and Outlook including familiar with databases
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills, including the ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and adapt to changing situations
- Current driver’s license
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the BSL.
- A background in not for profit organisations
This is a part time position working 22.8 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $50,239.80 to $54,804.36 pro rata per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description and screening questionnaire can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Kruti Mehta on 03 9483 1390.
About the Organisation
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Retirement and Ageing (R&A) Division at the Brotherhood of St. Laurence provides residential aged care, independent living accommodation for people on low incomes, in-home care, overnight and day respite services for older people and people with disabilities. Retirement & Ageing provides services from locations in Frankston, Carrum Downs, Fitzroy, Clifton Hill, Sunshine and Epping.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.