About the role
- Are you an experienced and motivated practitioner looking for opportunity to work in a dynamic environment
- Are you committed to working with disadvantaged populations to achieve great medical and social results
- Do you thrive working in a committed and multi-disciplinary team?
The Brief Intervention Worker is a newly created position within the Living Room team to provide high quality, high impact support to people accessing the clinical and drop in services. The position will be critical to creating a coordinated response to people accessing the Living Room to create linkages with our clinical teams and coordinate pathways out of homelessness
The position will form part of the Substance Misuse Team and will work alongside our Dual Diagnosis Clinician and Mental Health Nurse to triage, assess and provide short-term, action-oriented plans to ensure some of our services most vulnerable clients are linked with the appropriate services to address the needs and barriers to health and housing outcomes. Working within a social model of health, the position will provide direct interventions and conduct supported referrals across a range of domains. Whilst based at The Living Room, the position will have the ability to assertively engage service users and conduct outreach visits where appropriate.
This position provides an exciting opportunity for people with a case management, housing or health background to create evidence-based responses through the development of committed and multidisciplinary program responses.
What we offer
- Comprehensive induction and support from our training team
- Inclusive and transparent workplace culture
- Access to learning and development
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse and collaborative team culture. Your success is our success!
About the organisation
Youth Projects is an Australian-based independent, registered charity who recognise the complex and varying needs of our clients and offer a holistic model of care and provide pathways into our award winning employment, education and social enterprise programs. Located at two sites (Hosier Lane and the vibrant Northern region of Melbourne) Youth Projects provides front line support to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and young people looking to re-engage with learning and employment.
Our mission is to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Brief Intervention Worker – Full Time – Melbourne CBD via Pro Bono Australia.