About the Role
Kidsafe South Australia works to provide leadership and advocacy for child safety and injury prevention, and to inform and educate the South Australian public in the effort to preserve and protect the lives, health, and well-being of children. Kidsafe South Australia is a growing organisation that seeks to increase its health promotion advocacy.
The successful applicant will:
- Have tertiary qualifications in health promotion/health sciences or education or other related discipline
- Be a confident and engaging speaker – to individuals and large groups
- Have high levels of written communication skills, including drafting health information, newsletters, reports
- Have excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Have strong stakeholder management skills
- Show initiative and work under limited supervision
- Be prepared to travel to metro and regional locations across SA to deliver training
The role will primarily involve:
- Delivering Infant Safety Training to staff and carers
- Development of targeted child injury prevention information for different audiences
- Delivery of accredited training courses in the area of playground safety as required
- Inspecting playgrounds for compliance with Australian Standards
- Working collaboratively with, and reporting to, key stakeholders
- Assisting with organisational and administrative support
- Providing child safety and injury prevention information and advice directly to the South Australian public
- Identifying emerging training project ideas, funding opportunities, campaigns and partnerships
- Assisting with the development and coordination of new and existing Kidsafe SA programs and campaigns as required.
Essential to this role are outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and high levels of written communication skills. You will also work collaboratively with other Kidsafe organisations across Australia, and other stakeholders committed to child injury prevention. It is desirable that you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. The Child Injury Prevention Project Officer will report to the Kidsafe SA Chief Executive Officer.
Appointment to this position is subject to:
- A satisfactory child-related employment screening
- A satisfactory Police Check
About the Organisation
Kidsafe SA is the leading independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the prevention of unintentional death and serious injury to South Australian children aged 0 – 15 years. Based at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital, we have been supporting SA families and staff in the area of child safety and injury prevention for over 36 years.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (08) 8161 6318
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- A brief cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position
- Written responses to how you meet each of the Selection Criteria, including short examples demonstrating your proficiency for each criteria
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications, relevant to the Kidsafe SA Child Injury Prevention Project Officer role
- Names and contact details for two or more recent referees
Please email applications to:
Attention: Holly Fitzgerald, CEO Kidsafe SA
Please quote in application: Child Injury Prevention Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.