About the Role
- Support and coach young people to help them gain and remain in work
- Innovative project focused on sustainable employment outcomes for young people
- Positions in Southern Sydney, Wollongong, South Coast and Southern Highlands
- Mobile working arrangements
• Successful national program with recent expansion into NSW
• Values based organisation with a relentless belief in people and their potential
• Competitive salary package and salary packaging benefits
• Car allowance provided
You will provide 60 weeks of coaching support to young people between the ages of 18 and 24 to help them achieve their employment goals to gain and remain in work. You will empower, provide guidance and assess their skills, abilities and needs to develop a progress schedule relevant to each person. Your responsibilities will include:
• Provide on-going tailored support to young people to develop their employability skills and become job ready
• Develop each young person’s positive wellbeing and be a consistent source of support
• Build strong relationships with young people and jobactive service providers
• Cultivate supportive relationships with employers in the workplaces of participants
• Maintain high quality records of progress by participants, including individual goals and work progress against targets
• Provide intensive interaction and support to 25 young people with varying levels of work readiness
Ideally you have supported young people to overcome barriers to employment or training. You will be able to offer appropriate advice and effective coaching on a one to one basis to build rapport and motivate young individuals to reach their potential.
Otherwise you have experience leading and influencing young people within human services and being involved with service delivery in an outcomes focused environment. You will have the following skills and experience:
• Proven coaching abilities related to setting goals and actions that engage young people and lead to behaviour change
• Understanding of the strategies to develop positive wellbeing
• Knowledge of employment pathways and employment services such as jobactive
• Desire to work in a results-focused environment
• Negotiating on behalf of young people with stakeholders, including employers and service providers
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in education, training, youth or employment services
To learn more about the fantastic ‘Sticking Together’ project, click here
You must hold a current Australian driver’s license and have access to a fully comprehensively insured vehicle and be able to successfully complete a working with children check.
About the Organisation
SYC works nationally with young people to assist them in identifying and securing suitable and lasting employment. With a core purpose to positively affect the lives of people in need, last year SYC helped more than 61,000 people in the areas of home, wellbeing, learning and working.
Currently celebrating their 60th anniversary, SYC are proud to launch their innovative Sticking Together Project in NSW after achieving success in Victoria, South Australia and Queensland. This project enables young people who are facing barriers to employment, to access intensive and individualised coaching over a 60 week period with the goal to gain and remain in work. Coaches work with young people to create independence, to develop employability skills and foster personal positive wellbeing.
Sticking Together Project works in collaboration with the jobactive network, employers and support services to ensure best outcomes for young people.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coach via Pro Bono Australia.