About the Role
- Develop and deliver quality coaching performance standards, methods and practices
- Innovative project focused on sustainable employment outcomes for young people
- Sydney based role with a national focus and mobile working arrangements
• Successful national program with recent expansion into NSW
• Values based organisation with a relentless belief in people and their potential
• Competitive salary package and salary packaging benefits
• Car allowance provided
Key to ensuring the continued success of this project, you will develop and maintain the methods and practices for the Project’s coaching model including professional development, practice improvement, training and orientation. Your responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking group and individual training of coaches in the project’s coaching practices
• Developing training methods for coaching practices to ensure continuous improvement
• Supporting the development of skills in coaches, to ensure young people are job ready
• Providing supervision and fostering of coach wellbeing
• Maintaining data to evidence the performance of the project
Ideally you have successfully developed and implemented a professional development curriculum and delivered learning and development (L&D), training or coaching for people seeking employment, with a particular focus on vulnerable young people.
Otherwise you have experience within a human services environment in a vocational training, teaching or coaching role, with have an understanding of employment services relevant to vulnerable young people. Additionally you have:
• Proven abilities developing comprehensive L&D, training or coaching practices
• An ability to deliver coaching or training one to one and in a group
• Knowledge of methods to develop employability skills and personal wellbeing
• Understanding of the strategies to engage employers, jobactive and other service providers
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in education, training, youth or employment services
To learn more about the fantastic ‘Sticking Together’ project, click here
You must hold a current Australian driver’s license and have access to a fully comprehensively insured vehicle and be able to successfully complete a working with children check.
About the Organisation
SYC works nationally with young people to assist them in identifying and securing suitable and lasting employment. With a core purpose to positively affect the lives of people in need, last year SYC helped more than 61,000 people in the areas of home, wellbeing, learning and working.
Currently celebrating their 60th anniversary, SYC are proud to launch their innovative ‘Sticking Together’ Project in NSW after achieving success in Victoria, South Australia and Queensland. This project enables young people who are facing barriers to employment, to access intensive and individualised coaching over a 60 week period with the goal to gain and remain in work. Coaches work with young people to create independence, to develop employability skills and foster personal positive wellbeing.
The Sticking Together project works in collaboration with the jobactive network, employers and support services to ensure best outcomes for young people.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coaching Practice Leader via Pro Bono Australia.