About the role
A position has become available for a Communications Coordinator: Content and Community Management to join our central Communications team based in Heidelberg. This position is full time, 38 hours per week ongoing.
You’ll be an important part of Mind’s efforts to reach and support more people by profiling our fantastic support services and telling our great stories of mental health recovery. You’ll help us advocate and campaign for better support for people with mental ill-health and their carers and nurture our online community of supporters.
In this role you will:
- plan, research, write, edit and produce engaging social media content (and source or produce images as required) across multiple platforms to build the reach and impact of Mind’s digital community
- ensure our social media aligns with Mind’s corporate narrative and tone of voice and help build, monitor and engage with a positive online community that supports the Mind brand and its programs and advocacy
- provide content and communications support for Mind’s broader marketing and operational requirements, public affairs, and fundraising and advocacy campaigns.
You will have:
- a tertiary degree in a communications discipline, humanities or equivalent relevant field
- at least five years’ experience in digital communications or community management roles, demonstrating exceptional writing skills and a good instinct for storytelling
- a thorough understanding of social media channels and their different purposes and audiences
- capability in using social media management tools
- capability in graphics software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite) is an advantage
- experience working in the health and human services area, or communicating with and about vulnerable populations.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to perform a writing task that will demonstrate their ability to meet a brief, recognise and communicate effectively with a targeted audience, and produce compelling content from source material.
About the organisation
Help people to gain better mental health, and improve the quality of their lives.
Mind Australia Limited (Mind) is well recognised for service excellence and industry leading service offerings across the mental health sector. Mind is into three specialised service streams: Sub-acute residential partnership services, Supported independent living and Mind centres. The service stream approach supports our goal to be customer focused in everything we do, ultimately providing the customer with a better Mind experience.Make a difference in the community by supporting mental health recovery. Mind offers you a dynamic and supportive team environment and career development opportunities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Coordinator: Content and Community Management via Pro Bono Australia.