About the Role
Help shape the future of a burgeoning charity and play your part in changing lives!
The role is a busy, hands-on position supporting our small team of staff and dedicated volunteers to deliver the Foundation’s initiatives and have a real impact on the lives of those affected by mito.
- Conduct communications campaigns to support the patient services, medical research, education and fundraising goals and objectives outlined in the Foundation’s 5 year strategic plan. Provide communications support for events including:
- Stay in Bed Day
- The Bloody Long Walk
- Global Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week
- Day to day coordination of our CRM database (Salesforce)
- Writing and creating eDMs using our email marketing platform (Constant Contact)
- Ongoing content management for the Mito Foundation’s website and sub-brand websites (WordPress)
- Drive the social media presence of the Mito Foundation and its sub-brands
- Maintain and expand communication collateral
- Provide assistance and stewardship for supporters and volunteers
Working in a small team in a diverse role with massive potential, the successful candidate must have:
- Two or more years relevant experience in a similar industry or role (health promotion charity preferred) and/or outstanding tertiary qualifications
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- The passion to get behind our important cause and make a difference
- Outstanding organisational skills
- The ability to work both independently and cohesively as part of a small and passionate team
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A flexible and friendly nature
The following would be advantageous:
- WordPress skills
- Database skills (ideally with Salesforce)
- Email marketing platform skills (ideally Constant Contact)
- Social media skills (including Facebook ads)
- Graphic design skills
- Knowledge of all levels of Australia government systems
- Knowledge of the Australian medical education systems
- Knowledge of the Australian health system
- Connection with mito
About the Organisation
The Mito Foundation supports those affected by mitochondrial disease (mito), funds essential research into the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cures of mitochondrial disorders, and increases awareness and education about this devastating disease. One Australian child born each week will develop a severe or life-threatening form of mito.
Based in our head office in Surry Hills in Sydney, the Mito Foundation offers flexible and family friendly working arrangements with attractive salary packing options leveraging the Foundation’s FBT exemption status to maximise your take home pay.
The Mito Foundation’s vision is to be the pre-eminent source of energy and hope for the mito community and our mission is to support the mito community whilst seeking cures.
Mito is a potentially fatal genetic disorder that robs the body's cells of the energy they need to thrive. Only recently identified and originally thought to be a rare disorder (affecting one in 20,000 people), it is now known that one in 5,000 live births will result in a life threatening form of mito. Furthermore, one in 200 people carry genetic mutations that put them at risk of developing milder forms of the disease or unknowingly passing it on to their children.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Jo De Bry
Phone : 02 8033 4113
Email : JO.DEBRY@MITO.ORG.AU
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.