About the Role
This is a newly created role that has been developed to assist a new alliance of Haematologists with an expertise and interest in Lymphoma (a form of blood cancer). The alliance aims to virtually bring together lymphoma experts across Australasia to share information, practice, and findings in order to better shape the way Lymphoma is managed and treated.
If you are looking for a job where you get to work with some of the brightest minds in the country and enjoy making a difference in people’s lives then this is the job for you.
We need a motivated and super organised Executive Administrator with strong attention to detail to support key areas: Setting up virtual meetings, tracking ethics committee approvals, communicating with members, developing minutes, establishing and maintaining our website.
This is a part-time position (0.4 FTE) including up to 1-2 after hours meetings per month (one year contract with 6 month probation period).
Working closely with the ALA Director, you will be responsible for:
- Circulate agendas & pre-reading, keep minutes, follow up action steps for members. Approved minutes issued within a week of meeting. Follow ups conducted 2 weeks post meeting.
- Establish and maintain Website for ALA. Identify website requirements and work with supplier to scope out the project – end Aug. Implement new website structure and load content – end Oct. Ongoing maintenance – updated fortnightly.
- Organise all meeting elements (venue, catering, AV, teleconference calls, travel arrangements etc) for ALA members as required.
- Streamline office procedures. Establish office procedures to meet members’ needs (e.g., meeting calendar, establish bank accounts, charter, communication methods, etc.) Research, recommend and oversee implementation of office equipment (computers, telephones & printers) and usage plans. Ongoing, recommend and implement improvements to improve office efficiency.
- Manage & track multi-site ethics approvals and material transfer agreements. Set up and manage process to track ethics approvals for multiple sites around Australia, assist sites in submitting regulatory documents. Follow-up as required to ensure timelines are met. Ensure Principal Investigator/s are kept up-to-date with progress for all ethics approvals. media. Update website content to ensure it is timely and accurate.
- Manage a budget. Work with Snowdome Finance Manager to understand Snowdome process and procedures.
Key selection criteria:
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail.
- Capability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent organisational administrative skills (including computer literacy and time management).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to solve problems.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge WordPress and prior experience in developing a website (with a web developer).
- Knowledge of the hospital ethics administration and approval process highly desired.
- Experience in not-for-profit environment, highly desired.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Passionate about NFP.
- Self-motivated doer with initiative.
About the Organisation
The Snowdome Foundation was formed in 2010 with a mission to accelerate next-generation treatments for Australian blood cancer (leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma) patients to help them live longer, better lives. It aims to fast-track access to new blood cancer treatments by channelling government and private philanthropic investments into ground breaking research, clinical trials, and personalised therapies. In many cases, clinical trials are the last ‘hope’ for patients. There is no other Australian organisation supporting the treatment of blood cancers in this way.
Since inception, Snowdome has extended 30 research grants representing over $19 million to fund over 40 multi-year research positions. The Snowdome Foundation in collaboration with Maddie Riewoldt’s Vision received the inaugural National Charity award in the 2016 Telstra Australian Business Awards in recognition of their outstanding work. In 2018, Snowdome and Maddie Riewoldt’s Vision ranked #59 in Financial Times 1000: High-Growth Companies in Asia-Pacific.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0447201093
Email : email@example.com
Please submit a cover letter covering key selection criteria and brief CV to Suzie Bratuskins, Relationship Development Manager Snowdome Foundation by Sunday 7 October 2018. Please include 'Executive Administrator - ALA job application_yourname' in the subject heading. Interviews will be conducted shortly after.
Relationship Development Manager
Suite 4, 209 Toorak Road, South Yarra VIC 3141
T: 0447 201 093
Please quote in application: Executive Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.