About the Role
About the opportunity
The Arabic Speaking Family Violence program is a partnership between Uniting Kildonan (lead agency), Sunbury Community Health, inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence and Foundation House and delivers the service to the Hume Moreland catchment of the DHHS North Region.
inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence co-facilitates the psycho-educational groups with the Family Violence Counsellors for women that are/have experienced Family Violence and Foundation House provides reflective practice supervision to staff in relation to clients who have experienced hardship, torture and trauma in their countries of origin and/or through the migration experience.
We are looking for a proactive, responsible individual who will provide therapeutic family violence counselling to women and children that are/have experienced family violence and are from Arabic Speaking backgrounds who live in Hume or Moreland.
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of:
- Arabic speaking cultural background and proficient in Arabic language
- Working with disempowered and vulnerable people, including:
- – Capacity to engage clients and establish effective helping relationships,
- – Undertaking strength based assessments, needs analysis, development of intervention plans and work with clients to bring about change; working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- – Understanding of the issues involved in casework with children, young people and families
- Relevant intervention strategies and frameworks including children’s developmental needs, parent skill development, working with diversity, drug and alcohol recovery, the cycle of violence, crisis planning and family and broader systems
- Counselling qualifications are highly desirable
A full position description is available below.
About the Organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0394125700
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.