About the role
• Prevent Cancer. Empower Patients. Save Lives.
• Lead the synthesis and application of cancer care and support systems
• Full time, 5-year fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced senior leader to join the Executive Team and lead the Cancer Strategy and Support Division. The role leads the organisation’s policy and program activity to improve cancer health systems and knowledge.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, your role is to:
• Provide vision and leadership in the development of partnerships that capitalise on synergies and enables collaboration on cancer control activity
• Deliver the strategic business plan to achieve improvements in the provision of cancer support within the community;
• Advance the skills of health professions in cancer through training and education initiatives;
• Develop strong stakeholder relationships with external partners to build awareness of support services and increase advocacy capacity • Build and leverage capacity and identify new organisational opportunities;
• Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships across the Cancer Council and generate and apply cancer knowledge that informs policy and program initiatives
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
• Successful senior leadership experience supporting innovation and organisation change
• Strong collaborative relationship building and influencing skills
• Experience developing policy and influencing policy decisions at senior levels
• Relevant post graduate qualifications
What we can offer you
This full-time, five-year fixed term position provides a salary commensurate with the position level and experience plus superannuation and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. The purpose of the Strategy and Support Division is to minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community now and into the future through our investments in supportive care, biomedical research and optimal care pathways.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Division – Strategy and Support (EG.02) via Pro Bono Australia.