About the Role
• Prevent Cancer. Empower Patients. Save Lives.
• Lead the synthesis and application of cancer care and support systems
• Full time, 5-year fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced senior leader to join the Executive Team and lead the Cancer Strategy and Support Division. The role leads the organisation’s policy and program activity to improve cancer health systems and knowledge.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, your role is to:
• Provide vision and leadership in the development of partnerships that capitalise on synergies and enables collaboration on cancer control activity
• Deliver the strategic business plan to achieve improvements in the provision of cancer support within the community;
• Advance the skills of health professions in cancer through training and education initiatives;
• Develop strong stakeholder relationships with external partners to build awareness of support services and increase advocacy capacity • Build and leverage capacity and identify new organisational opportunities;
• Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships across the Cancer Council and generate and apply cancer knowledge that informs policy and program initiatives
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
• Successful senior leadership experience supporting innovation and organisation change
• Strong collaborative relationship building and influencing skills
• Experience developing policy and influencing policy decisions at senior levels
• Relevant post graduate qualifications
What we can offer you
This full-time, five-year fixed term position provides a salary commensurate with the position level and experience plus superannuation and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the Organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. The purpose of the Strategy and Support Division is to minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community now and into the future through our investments in supportive care, biomedical research and optimal care pathways.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9514 6624
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your full application (cover letter and resume) to email@example.com. For more information contact Jennifer Atkinson on (03) 9514 6624.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 30 September 2018
Please quote in application: Head of Division – Strategy and Support (EG.02) via Pro Bono Australia.