About the role
IS THIS YOU?
An exciting part-time (0.6 FTE) opportunity exists for a highly-skilled program management professional to join the Reach Programs team in our Sydney office. This is a 12-month maternity leave contract position.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a qualified, experienced and passionate professional who will embrace and engage with the essence of Reach as a key member of the Programs team. The Programs team is responsible for the management of all Reach program activity and the Manager, Education Programs NSW is responsible for the management of program delivery for the portfolio of education programs in Sydney and regional NSW except the Hunter Valley. This includes relationship management with education stakeholders, management of crew and facilitators and the coordination of the design, delivery and review of education program activity.
WHO ARE THE CREW?
The Reach Crew is a group of young people who are committed to creating, designing, and delivering experiences for other young people to learn more about themselves, connect with others and be their best selves. The Reach Crew consists of both volunteers and casual employees.
WHO ARE THE PROGRAMS TEAM?
The Programs team is responsible for the delivery of all Reach workshops with young people. Working closely with the Learning & Development and Wellbeing teams, the Programs team is part of the engine that drives and brings to life the Reach philosophy, engaging our stakeholders and delivering exceptional programs to young people.
See the attached position description for full details that need to be addressed in your application. Some of the key selection criteria for this role include:
- Preferred: Relevant tertiary qualification in Community Development, Youth Work, Social Work, Education or related discipline
- Demonstrated highly-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including the ability to liaise, negotiate and build relationships with community and other agency representatives
- Proven ability to support and motivate a team of individuals to ensure the development of a strong, efficient and professional team with a clear focus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with young people; a sound awareness of the experiences that young people face and systems that support them
- Track record in achieving results, both autonomously and a part of a team
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children (WWC) check identifying Reach as your employer prior to starting in the role. The WWC check includes a National Criminal History Check.
Role starting mid-November 2018.
About the organisation
Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be.
There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with over 40,000 of them a year. We have over 250 of them working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the community we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Generations of confident, self-aware and passionate young people shaping the world.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Education Programs NSW via Pro Bono Australia.