About the Role
- Permanent, Full Time
- Variety of media, communications and branding work
- Make a difference to people’s lives
If you are passionate about developing and managing communications to effect positive social change and hold the necessary mix of skills and experience then don’t go past this very rewarding position.
This role undertakes a wide variety of tasks, all focused on effecting positive change for people with developmental disability through the support of families, including CALD and ATSI families.
What you will be doing:
- Managing internal and external communications and branding, including social media
- Managing websites and interactive technologies
- Supporting workshops, seminars and events
- Building links to CALD and ATSI families of a person with disability, and associated organisations
- Develop and manage a wide range of resource materials
- Liaising with external organisations on a range of projects
- Contribute your understanding of imagery and graphic design to the organisation’s collateral for marketing purposes
Essential: (applications must address each criteria)
- A commitment to seeking change so that people with developmental disability can live authentic inclusive lives in community
- Mastery of a range of digital technologies including website, social media, and webinar software
- Extensive experience with using software programs for design and communications
- Proven ability to plan and drive social media campaigns
- A tertiary qualification in communications, media or marketing, or equivalent qualification or experience
- Excellent communication skills – including interpersonal, written and verbal (including presentations)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Social change experience will be very highly regarded
- Personal experience of disability or as a family member of a person who has a developmental disability
- Knowledge of social advocacy principles and a commitment to working within these
- Awareness of, and a commitment to, the principles of Social Role Valorisation, or a willingness to gain such understanding and commitment
- Experience using the Adobe Suite
- Experience using Canva or a willingness to learn
Commencement: October 2018
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010, Level 5
About the Organisation
Family Advocacy is a state wide, not for profit disability advocacy organisation that works with families to promote and defend the rights and interests of people with developmental disability. This is achieved by strengthening the advocacy role and influence of families so that they can speak out with, or on behalf, of their family member, or for people with developmental disability more broadly. The organisation has three core work areas namely Advocacy and Leadership Development, Systems Advocacy and work undertaken in our initiative, Resourcing Inclusive Communities. All work areas require support to enhance their work through this Media and Digital Communications role. The role also involves working with senior management on projects and tasks that impact on the work of the organisation more broadly.
Apply for this Job
- Please download the Position Description
- Send your complete applications to Cecile Sullivan Elder at email@example.com
- If further information is required, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- When emailing, kindly use the subject line: Media and Digital Communications Manager
All applications must address the full Selection Criteria and include a CV.
CLOSING DATE – First round will close on Tuesday the 2nd of October 2018, with interviews to start that week.
Please quote in application: Media and Digital Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.