About the Role
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings (minimum attendance at 9 Board meetings per annum)
Read and comprehend materials provided to actively contribute to discussions, add value to discussions/decision making at Board meetings
- Provide high level strategic, financial and operational advice aligned with each director’s individual experience and professional background
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by the organisation’s mission, objectives, and programs and advise the CEO of opportunities
- Help communicate and promote the organisation’s mission and programs to the community.
- Actively participate in the development and governance of finances, budget, and financial/resource needs of the organisation
- Actively participate in the development and governance of the policies and procedures of the organisation
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the organisation and its values
- Proven reliability and organisational skills
- Highly trustworthy
- Good communication skills
- Skills in marketing, communications and/or experience at high-level management would be highly regarded.
- Able to commit to the time required including all meetings
- Positive attitude and passion for the role
- Integrity – fulfilling a director’s duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting the organization’s interests before personal interests;
- Ability to function as an effective team member but also have the curiosity to ask questions and the courage to persist in robust discussions with management and fellow board members when required;
- Self-awareness and self-management and the ability to demonstrate empathy manifested through strong interpersonal skills. Can work well in a group, listen well, be tactful yet able to communicate in a cogent and candid viewpoint;
- Commercial judgment and instinct – can demonstrate good business instinct and acumen, and be able to assimilate and synthesize complex information;
- Active contribution – actively contribute with a genuine interest in the organization and its business.
- Technology savvy and both proficient with and passionate about Information Technology
- Applicants with Business Development and Marketing skills/experience will be highly regarded
About the Organisation
Community Transport Central Coast is a leading provider of safe, reliable and diverse services for the community. We offer door to door transport for people in the community who are “transport disadvantaged” for any reason, including financial disadvantage, health, lack of mobility or remote location.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0243554588
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Non Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.