About the role
Position Title: Office Administration/ Regional Organising Support
Employment Status: Fixed Term to 5 February 2019 due to parental leave
Part time, 35 hours per fortnight
Location: Townsville, Far North Queensland
Position reports to: Regional Secretary
Positions reporting to this position are: Nil
Salary Range: Organising Support Level 2, $51,572 – $65,326 pro-rata
Townsville Remote Locality Allowance $2,972 per annum and 15.4 % superannuation.
Overview of Position
The primary function of the role is to provide organising support/administration functions to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the regional office.
Two areas of work are defined under this function. One is the provision of regional office /general organising support. The other is more specific in meeting the growth strategy of the union.
Working to support local organising teams the position will be responsible for data collection, maintenance and utilisation to meet the key union objectives of:
- helping members achieve fairness at work, job security, and the best possible pay and decent conditions
- being a union that most employees want to join
- promoting our members’ issues in the public and political arena
Selection Criteria – required skills, knowledge and ability
- Demonstrated experience performing tasks consistent with that of an administration officer including but not limited to local management of office stationary supplies; incoming and outgoing mail; regional assets management; maintenance of supplies; reception duties, and general office procedure coordination
- Demonstrated experience with written communications support including report preparation and collation; letter writing; photocopying, typing and records management
- Demonstrated experience managing events such as meetings and training courses involving set up of rooms or conference calls, liaising with relevant staff and delegates, setting up catering and preparation of A/V equipment and presentations
- Demonstrated experience providing a level of office wide administrative support
- Experience generating and analysing various statistical reports
- Experience working with a membership based relational database package
- A proactive and flexible approach to all tasks to meet the changing demands of the role
- Application of initiative and strong attention to detail
Key competencies and skill sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Research skills utilising the Internet
- Data entry skills consistent with the accuracy required by the database’s guidelines
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi task
- Ability to demonstrate intuition and judgement, particularly when dealing with sensitive material
- Ability to contribute to a team oriented environment
- The ability and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Previous experience in a membership based community-managed organisation
- Commitment to social justice and union values
Please submit your application by COB Monday, 17 September 2018.
How to Apply
You must complete the on-line Employment Application Questionnaire and address the Selection Criteria to be considered for this position.
Please visit our website at https://cpsu.wufoo.com/forms/cpsu-employment-application/ to access the Employment Application Questionnaire.
The CPSU is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for position. Selection is merit based. Part time employment opportunities may be considered where suitable.
About the organisation
Community and Public Sector Union - CPSU (PSU Group)
The CPSU (PSU Group) is one of Australia’s most active and innovative trade unions, with over 55,000 members nationally. CPSU members work in the Australian Public Service, the ACT and NT governments, and a number of community and private sector areas. The CPSU supports a strong, independent public sector and the essential services it provides to the community. We believe every worker deserves dignity and respect, a safe workplace, decent pay and conditions, rights at work and a balanced working life.
As an employer we offer family friendly conditions and leave entitlements, 15.4% superannuation, and access to health and wellbeing initiatives. Our friendly staff are passionate about the work they do and committed to union values, helping others, and making a positive contribution to society. Working with the CPSU means you will work side by side with other union members to make our workplaces and communities fairer.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Office Administration/ Regional Organising Support via Pro Bono Australia.