About the Role
- Build a culture of philanthropy to support the conservation of iconic Australian sites
- Initially a standalone role with national scope with potential to build a team
- Suited to a fundraiser with a proven track record in programmatic fundraising
Benefits & Culture
• Flexible working arrangements
• Generous superannuation entitlements
Your key areas of responsibility initially will be major gifts, partnership and bequests. In the short term you will develop the narrative and grow the constituencies via:
• Implementing a high level strategic plan in collaboration with the senior management team
• Identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of potential sponsors and donors
• Engagement and collaboration with key stakeholder groups to identify funding opportunities
• Developing, presenting and negotiating fundraising proposals contracts and marketing materials
• Educating others, creating a culture of philanthropy that leads to more engagement with donors
You are a fundraiser with a proven track record raising significant philanthropic funds and success executing fundraising strategies. You have considerable knowledge of corporate sector expectations and operations of trusts and foundations with a success in delivering sponsorship relationships. Additionally you will have:
• Demonstrated success in making and closing “the ask” in a charitable or corporate environment
• Experience developing policies and procedures with capacity for innovation and conceptual thinking
• A persuasive nature with a proven ability to engage, influence and negotiate
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
• Achieve objectives within planned time frames
About the Organisation
Our client seeks to protect Australia’s most stunning natural areas, including maintaining cultural heritage, so they will be enjoyed by future generations. Working nationally to conserve and build resilient places and ecosystems, our client has an evidenced based approach to management. Joint management is a guiding principle for our client and is done in cooperative arrangements with traditional owners. Partnerships and co-investments support delivery of innovative programmes which contribute to the achievement of our client’s goals.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropic Partnership Manager, Canberra based via Pro Bono Australia.