About the Role
Join the Leukaemia Foundation as we seek to deliver meaningful impact for people living with blood cancer. Be part of a talented and committed team in a role that will give you a real sense of pride and ownership
As the Prospect Researcher, you will be responsible for providing the processes, information and leads to drive philanthropic giving from high net wealth individuals and philanthropic trusts. Reporting to the Head of Major Supporters, you will focus on researching, preparing reports and lead management to support the growing major supporters program. The location for this role is flexible.
Snapshot of key responsibilities
- Develop an annual prospect research plan to guide prospect research activities.
- Through research and analysis, identify prospects for the major supporters pipeline
- Analyse accumulated information to assess the capacity, philanthropic tendencies and affinity of prospects to the Foundation
- Identify and employ proactive prospecting methodologies, utilising both in-house data and outside vendor research resources.
- Develop in-depth research profiles (including due diligence) and briefings for high value prospects and donors
- Provide market intelligence and supporter insight to help develop, retain and grow existing relationships with high value supporters
- Lead and facilitate prospect review meetings and fundraiser portfolio reviews.
- Proactively build partnerships across the business, including working closely with fundraising teams and collaborating with the Data team to improve data integrity.
- Refine and monitor prospect management system
- Maintain comprehensive records of all research undertaken within Salesforce
- Provide monthly pipeline and prospect reports from Salesforce
- Create and maintain policies and procedures supporting best practices, ethical and professional research standards
- Manage the prospect research budget and co-ordination of contracts and with external agencies
- Provide basic prospect research training and development to staff across the business.
Beating blood cancers by helping people living with blood cancer live longer and have a better quality of life.
About the Foundation
The Foundation cares for patients and their families affected by blood cancer and related blood disorders by providing a range of vital support services free-of-charge, including counselling, information, accommodation, transportation and practical assistance.
The Foundation generates significant funds each year to cutting edge medical research to find better treatments and cures. To achieve our inspiring purpose, everyone’s impact counts.
- 3+ years in a qualitative research role
- Knowledge of prospect research tools and resources
- Understanding of wealth indicators, including income (estimated or public) and assets.
- Understanding of prospect management practices, terminology and approaches
- Strong computer literacy skills and experience working with a relational database, as well as the Microsoft Office suite of products, including excel.
- Ability to analyse and organise information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Ability to recall, recognise, and communicate interrelated information pertaining to benefactors and prospects foundations.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills for different audiences and write detailed analytical reports
- Sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive donor information
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to build relationships at all levels of the business
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Experience using CRM system Salesforce
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice within philanthropy and prospect research
- Experience working in a cancer related organisation would be advantageous
- FIA member or knowledge of the FIA code and standards
What you will get in return:
- Salary + Generous salary packaging up to $15,900 and entertainment card up to $2,650
- Flexible working arrangements
- Close to Public Transport
- A collaborative, innovative and supportive team culture
- Social and wellbeing activities
- Employee Assistance Program
About the Organisation
The Leukaemia Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the care and cure of patients and families living with blood and bone marrow cancers such as leukaemias, lymphomas, myeloma and related blood disorders.
The Leukaemia Foundation provides personalised care and support to patients, families and carers living in all metropolitan, regional and rural areas across Australia. Support services include information, resources, education and support programs, transportation to and from hospital and medical appointments, a 'home-away-from-home' in the Leukaemia Foundation's fully furnished accommodation close to major hospitals, practical assistance and emotional support. All of these services are provided at no cost to patients, families and carers - so that is why our volunteers efforts are so important!
Apply for this Job
Submit your application quoting JOB ID: 1808 and attaching:
- A covering letter with specific evidence and examples of your interest and suitability against the essential requirements.
- Current CV/resume.
Don't delay - apply today! We will be shortlisting and interviewing as we receive applications and may appoint the right candidate ahead of the closing date.
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity prior to applying, please contact Stephanie Yeates, Head of Major Supporters on 0466 142 297 or
Leukaemia Foundation is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that continues to reflect the community we support.
Please quote in application: Prospect Researcher via Pro Bono Australia.